What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Ross

Galeforce

Bench
If we lose GI, Cody Gray, Goodwin, AJ, Sutto, Rochow etc....

We are headed for the spoon.

That's a fact.

Relax........
If lose GI , then we suddenly have lots of salary cap to lose on a Marque fullback. I would target Lattrell Mitchell for 2019 worst case. Gagai can be our interim Fullback .

Cody , do not expect to lose him, expect to pay him more , closer to his comparative value in the team.

Gray , well he has been sidelined more than not , so it would be nice to see if he can step up on a continual basis , however he is an above average player potential , however there are plenty of those out there .

Goodwin - right timing for his last year , he is playing well, however we can find suitable experienced replacement..........we have Jennings, Burns both developing and i think the potential to step up by next year.

AJ is currently not cheap for a winger , so if he goes , we use his money to close on replacement.

Sutto - right timing for his last year , he has been playing well however and we do have young backrowers developing like Crighton , Fuimaono for starters , so we use Sutton's money for replacement

Rochow , most forum fans have been bagging the bloke , and he has not played lots of minutes to make an impact . I think he can be solid for us going forward , however if he goes elsewhere , then not concerned we can find replacement.

Summary
GI is big loss , however we will not have him for 2017 and regardless of 2018 , we need to be looking to use his money for a 2019 replacement at worse.

AJ is a loss because of his speed , we can find speed for his money . Joe Burgess would be nice replacement

Gray , Goodwin , Sutton , Rochow all fall into average/above class , there are plenty of replacements out there for their money. the club can only chase replacements once their decisions are clear.

The key nucleus of all the Burgess boys , Crichton , Zane and Turner and Fuimaono with Cherrington provides a solid base to add an experienced backrower / prop

Halves/hooker of Reynolds/ Walker/ Cook and Farrar for 2018 , give us reasonable direction , important we are developing planning replacement players for 2019.

Gagai and one other experienced centre/winger with Hunt , Jennings , Burns and then our young centre/wingers in U20's ( at least one should be bursting through in 2018)

Fullback , becomes our key , and this will depend on GI playing future and if he is a no in 2018 , we have interim Gagai as we hunt a marque replacement. Hopoate could be a 2017 target for 2018 as well and regardless would like to be lining up Mitchell for 2019 if not sooner.

southsport

First Grade
From what I have been reading it doesn't sound like Souths are showing any urgency to re-sign Gray but don't be surprised if Dylan Walker is back in 2018.

Pommy

Coach
Is there any actual solid rumours about Joe? I wouldn't be sad to see him get a fair go in the NRL.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
As a knights supporter I'm not sure you'll get a lot of benefit out of Gagai at fullback. His last line of defence has been atrocious in the past and he frequently had a habit of getting carried back when he ran into the defence. He appears to be bigger and stronger this year so he might perform better than he has in the past but I wouldn't be expecting him to be a quality fullback.

Galeforce

Bench
Nathan Ross

No way , he is 30 years old next year , not particularly big for a winger , not a super fast winger, he does play with heart. Old man Goodwin is better and we should not resign him for 2018.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Relax........
If lose GI , then we suddenly have lots of salary cap to lose on a Marque fullback. I would target Lattrell Mitchell for 2019 worst case. Gagai can be our interim Fullback .

Cody , do not expect to lose him, expect to pay him more , closer to his comparative value in the team.

Gray , well he has been sidelined more than not , so it would be nice to see if he can step up on a continual basis , however he is an above average player potential , however there are plenty of those out there .

Goodwin - right timing for his last year , he is playing well, however we can find suitable experienced replacement..........we have Jennings, Burns both developing and i think the potential to step up by next year.

AJ is currently not cheap for a winger , so if he goes , we use his money to close on replacement.

Sutto - right timing for his last year , he has been playing well however and we do have young backrowers developing like Crighton , Fuimaono for starters , so we use Sutton's money for replacement

Rochow , most forum fans have been bagging the bloke , and he has not played lots of minutes to make an impact . I think he can be solid for us going forward , however if he goes elsewhere , then not concerned we can find replacement.

Summary
GI is big loss , however we will not have him for 2017 and regardless of 2018 , we need to be looking to use his money for a 2019 replacement at worse.

AJ is a loss because of his speed , we can find speed for his money . Joe Burgess would be nice replacement

Gray , Goodwin , Sutton , Rochow all fall into average/above class , there are plenty of replacements out there for their money. the club can only chase replacements once their decisions are clear.

The key nucleus of all the Burgess boys , Crichton , Zane and Turner and Fuimaono with Cherrington provides a solid base to add an experienced backrower / prop

Halves/hooker of Reynolds/ Walker/ Cook and Farrar for 2018 , give us reasonable direction , important we are developing planning replacement players for 2019.

Gagai and one other experienced centre/winger with Hunt , Jennings , Burns and then our young centre/wingers in U20's ( at least one should be bursting through in 2018)

Fullback , becomes our key , and this will depend on GI playing future and if he is a no in 2018 , we have interim Gagai as we hunt a marque replacement. Hopoate could be a 2017 target for 2018 as well and regardless would like to be lining up Mitchell for 2019 if not sooner.
Some good points there.

I just hope we don't suffer more in 2018.

This Cody thing has to get sorted!!!!

I'd definitely have Joe and Dylan back and send AJ and Gray out for those 2.

Sutto will be a loss for us in that he can slot into the halves which we will miss if AR keeps getting injuries.

Rabbits20

Immortal
As a knights supporter I'm not sure you'll get a lot of benefit out of Gagai at fullback. His last line of defence has been atrocious in the past and he frequently had a habit of getting carried back when he ran into the defence. He appears to be bigger and stronger this year so he might perform better than he has in the past but I wouldn't be expecting him to be a quality fullback.
I don't think he will be as good at fullback as what Cody can play at fullback.

Gagai is definitely a better fullback than AJ though.

greg jay

Juniors
Joe Burgess is an excitement machine!!! Yes he has flaws [Joe... Catch the Rock near the line!!!] but he is electric. He and Dylan Walker would be superb if Maguire can unite them. TD Machines!!! Where has Dylan Walker stated he wants to return??? What has he actually stated???

CAFPOW

Juniors
Richo said we're going towards the Quality over Quantity route, if that is the case, I can see him bringing back D. Walker and J. Burgess. The problem is, what about our depth? Can Richo sign those 2 without paying overs?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Richo said we're going towards the Quality over Quantity route, if that is the case, I can see him bringing back D. Walker and J. Burgess. The problem is, what about our depth? Can Richo sign those 2 without paying overs?

Don't think you would have to pay overs for joe Burgess. There's no way he would want to return to a different club. He really fitted in at Souths. Dwalkz has to be on centre money too..

Latest posts