What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Season 2010-2011

Ridders

Coach
Agree with Betcats, give the new team a bit of time for the new parts to gel and find their groove. Of all people, a Miami fan should be able to appreciate that ;-)

Ridders

Coach
Larry Brown out at Charlotte

Owner Michael Jordan announced Brown's departure in a news release a day after the Bobcats were outscored 31-12 in the fourth quarter in their fourth straight loss.

The 70-year-old Brown had been upset with the makeup and effort of his team for weeks. The Bobcats (9-19) had lost three games by 31 or more points in 10 days before Tuesday's fourth-quarter meltdown against Oklahoma City.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5947959

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I would be if I were a magic fan but at the same time i would wait a few weeks to see how all the new players come together. Does anyone think they will make any more trades? Im still not convinced the ones they made has made them that much better, they need some perimeter D, Dwight can't block everything.
Agreed. I think the trades they've just made help them out offensively, but they also lost their best perimeter defender in Pietrus. I've always liked Q so hopefully he can get back to what we know he can provide on that end but he's always been plagued by back problems and so far this year hasn't been much chop on either end of the court.

Nelson is a touch undersized and strangely ineffective against quicker guards, J-Rich has NEVER shown any effort on the defensive end, Arenas can jump passing lanes but is ordinary in 1-on-1 coverage, Reddick competes but isn't terribly effective & Hedo is horrible.

It will be interesting to see how they fare.

The 18th Man

Juniors
Agree with Betcats, give the new team a bit of time for the new parts to gel and find their groove. Of all people, a Miami fan should be able to appreciate that ;-)

Touche' :lol:

But we don't lose 8 from 9 - that's taking the piss.

Sad to see Coach Brown's demise, a legend of the game might be done (well he is 70 ain't he? Surely he is done).

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
Surely you can't included gortat in that...

um yes, he was rubbish, can't defend, can handle the ball, just doppy on the court, gets the ball bounced between his legs, he'll get more minutes now, but only ever be a backup, even to Robin Lopez. I'd rather BB backup Dwight when he needs a rest, at least he brings some energy to the court, i'm sure the Magic will bring in another big man later on, for an 8 to 10 minute role.

But its only my opinion.

The 18th Man

Juniors
LOL also first half for the suns v miami game...

Suns are 8 of 13... Nash has 8 assists... WOW.

Yeah, Nash is the bomb. Love the guy, what a absolute star.

We have settled and lead 56-44 midway through 3rd. King James (23pts-4ast-3rb) is in the house people, you're all witnesses :D

The 18th Man

Juniors
Miami Heat (22-9) @ LA Lakers (21-8)

Christmas present LIVE from USA. I haven't anticipated a game like this for soooo long. It mightn't end how I want it too, though the build up for a regular season game is like nothing in the world today from where I sit.

Don't know about you, I feel in a small way privledged to be able to say we saw these two going at each other in their prime.

dm_090208_kobe_lebron_feature.jpg

The 18th Man

Juniors
Damn I have dined out on some fine humble pie in 2010 when it come to sport, Orlando's serving tasted just as good :lol: They have stopped the Spurs and now the Celtics back to back at home. More than a little nervous a Heat fan. They will only get better.

Van Gundy has to be my favourite coach to watch on the sidelines, heart on his sleeve.

NOW THE BIG ONE! We are in for a treat. Enjoy!

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
Its all MAGIC on Xmas day in Orlando

How we got out of that is beyond me, Bass and Anderson played well, without cream puff Lewis taking all the minutes, the bench stepped up well.

KG is hard to stop when he gets hot with that 15-20 jump shot.

The 18th Man

Juniors
Its all MAGIC on Xmas day in Orlando

How we got out of that is beyond me, Bass and Anderson played well, without cream puff Lewis taking all the minutes, the bench stepped up well.

KG is hard to stop when he gets hot with that 15-20 jump shot.

Agree. Just played hard on defense and it went from there. Nelson came up big late in the fourth.

Scrappy start to the Miami vs LA game. Kobe is 0-4. I have a feeling LeBron is going to bust out here and have a big one.