What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Season 2010-2011

betcats

Referee
Pau needs more shots, Kobe is starting to look old out there for real. But this happens every year since THE trade, Lakers lose a couple, Kobe goes into gunner mode and jus jacks up everything then Pau comes out and says he needs more shots and eventually it rights itself. We'll see if they can bounce back from this.

betcats

Referee
Pau only had like 8 shots last night with blair checking him, and bynum was 4/4. Thats just not enough shots for them, especially when Kobe is putting 27 and missing 19.

Ridders

Coach
It's possible that the team is just struggling for motivation atm. 3 straight trips to the Finals and all.

I think they'll be fine come playoffs. Whether they can come out of the West is another story.

Is it a coincidence that the losing streak has coincided with Bynum's return? Might take a bit of time to reintegrate him back into the team.

Ridders

Coach
Pau only had like 8 shots last night with blair checking him, and bynum was 4/4. Thats just not enough shots for them, especially when Kobe is putting 27 and missing 19.

Preaching to the choir. I really liked the balance in shot distribution that Kobe and Gasol had at the start of the season.

It's just one of those things, you gotta take the good with the bad when it comes with Kobe. As you said, it'll work itself out.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I'd give Pau more shots, but based on his December numbers I'm not sure it's the answer. After a gangbusters start to the year, he's slowed HEAPS in the last month. Maybe all those early season 40+ minute games are coming back to bite him after playing close to 300 games over the last 3 seasons?

A tough game tonight, second night of a road back-to-back in New Orleans. A statement game in the making perhaps?

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
Maybe the Lakers need a little more athleticism at the 3, take some pressure off Kobe, might be time to trade Ron Artest, they should go after someone like Iggy.

I don't think they have to much to worry about yet, they seem to go through these little slumps every year like all good teams do, it happened to Boston last year as well, they'll come good and storm home.

Ridders

Coach
Speaking of big men slowing down, what's up with Hibbert? After a very nice start to the season, he's tailed off quite a bit. Only averaging 10 points (41FG%), 5 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.7 blocks.

Ridders

Coach
Interesting to see Bynum get the start over Odom in the NO game. Both seemed to do pretty well.

They'll probably keep it that way as well.

The 18th Man

Juniors
Interesting to see Bynum get the start over Odom in the NO game. Both seemed to do pretty well.

They'll probably keep it that way as well.

Very hard to leave Odom on the bench, he has been very good this season. With that said, there is a stutter in their step and a change might be the way to break the slump they're in. A healthy Bynum = good things for LA.

betcats

Referee
Tmac(favourite player) started at the point for the Pistons and from his numbers had a very good game, and the pistons beat the celts, i know KG went out in the first but that is still impressive. If Tracy can stay healthy (Big If) he really could be a defference maker for one of the contenders either this season or next season. I mean he would be great off the bench or even starting for some of the top teams, he is still one of the best playmakers in the L even with his body falling apart.

Anyway just wanted to get that off my chest.

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
Looking forward to kicking back tomorrow in front of the telly from 10am and watching the Knicks/Magic and Spurs/Mavs games, then after that head over to my mates pub and get on the beers for NYE, should be a nice relaxing day.

The 18th Man

Juniors
"Los Angeles, we have a problem..."

Smashed at home 104-85 by-the-Grizzlies! :lol: That's three out of their last four at home they have lost.

Stranger

Coach
The Memphis are a funny team... they can look so good one game then in the next they can look so bad. They will shot amazing then shoot so bad... they can rebound and get defensive stops... then they look like phoenix.

To me there is just no medium in the way that they play, there is no balance in the team.

edabomb

First Grade
Maybe the Lakers need a little more athleticism at the 3, take some pressure off Kobe, might be time to trade Ron Artest, they should go after someone like Iggy.

I don't think they have to much to worry about yet, they seem to go through these little slumps every year like all good teams do, it happened to Boston last year as well, they'll come good and storm home.

I agree Artest is not fitting the team any more. His offense has deteriorated so much in the last three years that it cancels out his work on D. I don't think they'd get much for him in a trade though, he still has 3 and a half years to run on his deal.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Whilst Ariza has been pretty abysmal offensively himself the last year and a half, wonder whether the Lakers regret signing a 30 year old (at the time) Artest instead of just extending the younger Ariza (24 at the time) for the same money? Yeah they won a championship with Artest (they also won one with Ariza) but in 12 months time I wonder which will be contributing more (let alone by the last two years of Artest's contract).

greysynd

Juniors
The winner has to come from HEat/Lakers/ & Celtics.

Can anyone see a realistic threat outside these 3?

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Yeah - the team currently with the best record - Spurs. Orlando are also on a 6 game winning streak with wins over the Celtics & Spurs in that time.

The Lakers have been out-scored by 50 points in their last 4 home games. Not a good sign for them.

Latest posts