What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Season 2010-2011

Ridders

Coach
Now that Varejao is done for the season, I wonder what levels of awefulness this Cavs team can achieve? Anything's in play imo.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
As I've said elsewhere, if any further validation of LeBron's consecutive MVPs was needed, it's games like today's that provide it.

If the Cavs don't finish with the worst record in the NBA this season it would be a miracle. Not even the Wolves, Nets or Kings should get near them.

Big Mick

Referee
That is just wow.

Last I looked JJ Hickson was like 1-8 and his teammates were the same

Cavs were 24% from the field 0% from 3.

LA were like 60% from field, 55% from 3.

Last edited:

ByRd

First Grade
Lebron needs to stop bringing it up and dragging this thing on, he is only making more people annoyed at him by kicking them while they are down

Ridders

Coach
Tbh I interpreted it as him taking a shot at Dan Gilbert, rather than the Cavs team. If that's the case, I have no problem with it, especially considering all the sh*t that Gilbert's flung on him.

betcats

Referee
As I've said elsewhere, if any further validation of LeBron's consecutive MVPs was needed, it's games like today's that provide it.

If the Cavs don't finish with the worst record in the NBA this season it would be a miracle. Not even the Wolves, Nets or Kings should get near them.

While a lot of this is because Lebron isnt there, lets not forget that they also lost Shag, Big Z, Delonte. They have lost this season through injury Boobie, Varejao and Parker. That means they're pretty much playing with a completely different starting 5 then they were last season.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
While a lot of this is because Lebron isnt there, lets not forget that they also lost Shag, Big Z, Delonte. They have lost this season through injury Boobie, Varejao and Parker. That means they're pretty much playing with a completely different starting 5 then they were last season.
Boobie Gibson? Seriously?

All those guys you've mentioned, with the possible exception of Varajao, were / are all bit players. Their three best players this year (and three of their top 5 last year) - Mo, Jamison & Hickson - have all played big minutes so far this campaign. And they suck. Royally.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Agreed.

Baron Davis is starting to play like the Baron of old too as he get's back into shape, averaging a 16-8 so far in January in only 30 minutes and has cut his turnovers as well.

If Baron stays locked in, this team could get real good, real fast.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Haven't lost yet - Baron bricks two freebies then commits and and-1 on LBJ. Clips gotta make their FTs from here if they're going to hang on.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Sheesh, now Eric Gordon's clanged on. Must be the worst FT shooting team in the league.

Edit: and a quick check confirms they are.

The 18th Man

Juniors
Well played LA. Baron Davis of old. Griffin is scary good.

It was all down hill after a horrendous first period. We got better. But that set the tone.

betcats

Referee
Boobie Gibson? Seriously?

All those guys you've mentioned, with the possible exception of Varajao, were / are all bit players. Their three best players this year (and three of their top 5 last year) - Mo, Jamison & Hickson - have all played big minutes so far this campaign. And they suck. Royally.

Dude, Delonte was starting last year and shag and Z took up most of the minutes at 5. Thats three of there most important players that arent there any more, you cannot just dismiss that so easily. As for Boobie, he is a solid part of there rotation, so losing him doesnt help. All im saying is its not all because Lebrons not there, most of it, but not all.