What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neil Henry

Spade

Juniors
How does this bloke consistently fly under the radar, he has been woeful year in year out at all 3 clubs he has coached.

Canberra Raiders - 45% (Win %)
NQ Cowboys - 48%
GC Titans - 43%

Almost every side he coaches can't defend for shit.

Last year all the Titans fans got a hard on for him when they only made the Finals on the back of a piss easy draw which consisted for 2 wins v Newcastle and 2 wins v Tigers and 9/11 wins v bottom 8 sides.

This guy needs f**king off.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I was happy with the job he was doing at Canberra. He took over a complete mess of a roster that Matt Elliott left and blooded a lot of young guys in his first year and then had us belting everybody in the second half of 2008 (despite having to sack Todd Carney mid-season). I was a bit peeved that he left when things were looking up.
Did a great job with the Titans last year considering all the off-field issues. His biggest mistake was signing Hayne, they've been cancer ever since he pulled on a Titans jersey.

Canard

Immortal
I'd say the most charmed coach in the comp, but surely Kearney has that spot nailed down.

He has a pattern of following up a good season with a shit one. It's like the players stop listening after a while.

The_Shield

Juniors
Yeah I'm shocked he doesn't seem to be under any pressure to lose his job. They've been terrible this year with a decent roster, sure they've had some injuries but I think if it was any other club he would be gone or close to gone

Grapple

Bench
I'm a fan of the game and most clubs - there's few I hate - but as a Bulldogs fan, I feel it's a bit rich making such threads. Sure you're entitled to talk about other clubs, but you know, those in glass houses...

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeah I'm shocked he doesn't seem to be under any pressure to lose his job. They've been terrible this year with a decent roster, sure they've had some injuries but I think if it was any other club he would be gone or close to gone

I'm sure the new owners will be more demanding when they buy the place.

Spade

Juniors
I'm a fan of the game and most clubs - there's few I hate - but as a Bulldogs fan, I feel it's a bit rich making such threads. Sure you're entitled to talk about other clubs, but you know, those in glass houses...

Des has built a career record and reputation as one of the best thats why the Dogs are hesitant to f**k him off, this Goose Henry has done f**k all to get such respect and he isn't under any preasure at all.

Big Pete

Referee
I'd be interested to get @beave's take on Henry. From the outside looking in, he strikes me as the type of coach who only has plans A, B & C covered. When it comes time to make a big call on a player, or a big call on the direction of his side, he seems hesitant to make those changes.

blaza88z

Coach
I put in the Matt Elliot calibre, sure he's got a great footy mind, just can't get players to play for him

Saint Doc

Coach
Mary McGregor fits into this category too, albeit a shorter career. The media just gives him a free ride because he's a "straight shooter" - despite the fact he has done nothing other than string 6 or 7 games together at the start of 2015 and 2017 to put us in with a shit of 8th spot. Other than those short runs, we have been nothing short of diabolical for 4 years

Life's Good

Coach
Mary McGregor fits into this category too, albeit a shorter career. The media just gives him a free ride because he's a "straight shooter" - despite the fact he has done nothing other than string 6 or 7 games together at the start of 2015 and 2017 to put us in with a shit of 8th spot. Other than those short runs, we have been nothing short of diabolical for 4 years
Is there a double like function??

Spade

Juniors

Its amazing how alike both seasons are, both seasons Dragons were 8-4 after 12 games and then completely went to shit, 2015 they went 4-8 to finish after that start and this year they've gone 2-6 so far.

Saint Doc

Coach
Its amazing how alike both seasons are, both seasons Dragons were 8-4 after 12 games and then completely went to shit, 2015 they went 4-8 to finish after that start and this year they've gone 2-6 so far.

The 2-6 that you speak of:

- win 1: down 28-10 to Newcastle at halftime. At home.
- win 2: vs a depleted Manly team with at least 6 regular first graders out....up 30 zip at halftime...then let in 22 unanswered points after the break

Diabolical. And yet the media are deathly silent

Latest posts