What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Never before never again

ruthless dragon

Juniors
Gday mob and gents!!
Good to see the team playing ok...early days though.
So on the weekend I am wandering through the city and went into Dymocks and lo and behold after years of searching
there was the best book on the Dragons ever and it being the 50 anniversary version, it was an instant buy.

I also reckon every player should have a copy and before the next battle, a couple of players should read an extract or 2
and then go and kick some a$$.
Go the Dragons

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Gday mob and gents!!
Good to see the team playing ok...early days though.
So on the weekend I am wandering through the city and went into Dymocks and lo and behold after years of searching
there was the best book on the Dragons ever and it being the 50 anniversary version, it was an instant buy.

I also reckon every player should have a copy and before the next battle, a couple of players should read an extract or 2
and then go and kick some a$$.
Go the Dragons
G'day Ruthless.

The forums had a giveaway of this book last year. Here: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/dragons-announce-team-of-the-era-1956-1966.458792/

It is a gem, and has some extra stuff that wasn't in the first edition.

Re your post: "I also reckon every player should have a copy and before the next battle"...

My understanding is that the players were given copies of the book over the offseason, apparently purchased and distributed by the coach.

If so I hope the players pay particular attention to the chapter entitled "No Surrender" Billy Smith

That is the attitude we want to see as fans every week

ALSGI

Bench
Going for a holiday in late April and will read it for the fourth time followed by Larrikin and Saint for the 3rd time.
Can't wait.
Read this book many years ago, then again on holidays in Europe 2 years ago where a random guy, Dragons fan from NZ saw me with it and ended up having several drinks with our wives in a pub in Greewich, London.
We all watched us play Parra live in the pub, mid 2015 and we were bad. When I left Sydney we were on top, by the time I got back we were shit!
In Tassie this week, books in the suite case - haven't relaxed enough to read it yet and don't wan't to jinx us again !!

Latest posts