What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Captain?

ostrich20

Juniors
Now that Matt Orford is off to England, Manly will be looking for a new captain.

I would recommend Glenn Stewart for role, been at the club for quite a few years now, rarely misses a game due to injury or suspension and is constantly around the ball movement. It remains to be said whether he would be able to be much of a talker on field.

A couple other note worthy candidates include:

Brent Kite
Jamie Lyon
Anthony Watmough (lol can you imagine the one on ones with the ref)
Matt Ballin

ostrich20

Juniors
Well the talk is that it will be either Watmough or Lyon (well Lyon's backing comes from Bozo). i am starting to think it will be Watmough.

GB!

Juniors
Lyon wont be captain, as he is heading back to England for 2011 with St Helens.

you wish jellyfish!

i've heard from the horses mouth that he wants to finish his career with manly. whether it happens is another thing though, but he def wants to stay and i can't see manly wanting to get rid of him

Adrian Monk

Juniors
you wish jellyfish!

i've heard from the horses mouth that he wants to finish his career with manly. whether it happens is another thing though, but he def wants to stay and i can't see manly wanting to get rid of him

I have been told by Jamie and the St Helens club that he is replacing Matt Gidley for 2011.

He told me himself February this year when he visited St Helens (when on tour with Manly for the WCC), he attended a fans forum for Paul Wellens and announced that this year would be his last at Manly.

GB!

Juniors
i spoke to him and kitey at the travelodge half way through the season and jamie said then he wants to finish his career at manly!
he also said he had originally planned to finish back in the ESL, but i guess things changed!
most manly fans knew of him wanting to go back to england after his current contract, but like i said this came from the horses mouth (so to speak!)

Dutchy

Immortal
I would be happy with either Watmough, King or Lyon.

Would prefer Lyon though, especially if he signs that 3 year contract.

GB!

Juniors
watmough has gotten most of the sh*t out of his game, but i still think he needs a better rapport with refs. and he still gives away silly little penalties

lyon or g stewie for me

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Kite?

Replaced Ox as captain whenever he wasn't available. The only negative being he wont be on field for the full 80.

Lyon or Glenn for mine.

Dutchy

Immortal
Watmough doesn't really need the captaincy as he leads on the field with his performance and passion anyway.

fish

Juniors
I'd like to see Watmough, would complete the circle in his football schooling.

He leads from the front and also doesn't hold back when there is something to say.....Choc for PM.

Grumpy Old Man

Juniors
Watmough has a tendency to give away the odd unnecessary penalty, the extra responsibility may take him to the Ben Kennedy level.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Lyon or G. Stewart for me. Watmough is the other obvious one, too much of a dickhead though so I will pass.

A year ago Kite was a shoe in but he isn't guaranteed to start in the 13 these days, no good for a captain.