What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Jersey

DB

First Grade
i was just wondering whether anyone had pictures of next years jersey? and could we get a sneak peak?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
2005adidas050811.jpg

As far as I know a pic of the alternate jersey doesn't exist.

However, you can be assured it'll be some form of Steelers-esque jersey.

Father Ted

First Grade
The away jumper is the old Steelers one except the three white circles going around the arm are gone replaced with three white adadas stripes running from the collar down the arms .

Southernsaint

Staff member
HMS Cheesemaker said:
As far as I know a pic of the alternate jersey doesn't exist.

However, you can be assured it'll be some form of Steelers-esque jersey.

That'd be dissapointing but not surprising...

Southernsaint said:

Whilst I wouldn't share your dissapointment, it's more than just a case of "not suprising".

It's pretty much confirmed.

If it isn't too self-involved to quote yourself:

HMS Cheesemaker said:
Just a little update. On the ABC Radio Illawarra breakfast show they were having a bit of a St George Illawarra themed morning.

One of the guests was Steelers Club chairman Peter Newell who said that next year it will be a Steelers strip to be used as the away jersey. He wasn't saying that was what the Steelers shareholders were pushing for, he said that was the decision that had been made.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=119298&page=2

Southernsaint

Staff member
LOL @ "what the Steelers shareholders were pushing for"... With such mighty bargaining power from the Steel City, it's no wonder Dousty crumbled under their weight.

Anyway, this is a topic for the off-season, we've got a MASSIVE game on Saturday night.

simon says

First Grade
Southernsaint said:

Yeah,why should the Steelers get any recognition for their fabulous contribution to the team...of course you should bury them as deep as you can and pretend that its the mighty dragons of the 60s again.

Shame all the players come from the region.....but.....oh sorry,Lance comes from there,lol.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Simon Says, no offence mate but you're looking a bit like a common troll. Its already established that we're not going there.

Please don't make anymore hi-jack attempts in Saints-related threads.

Southernsaint said:
LOL @ "what the Steelers shareholders were pushing for"... With such mighty bargaining power from the Steel City, it's no wonder Dousty crumbled under their weight.

I was just trying to emphasise that this appears to be locked in, because I thought otherwise it might seem that it was more a statement of the Steelers Club's desire.

Its disappointing in the sense that the red V wont be at all games, but I can see that it is also a bit selfish to think that. I come from the St George side of the JV.

I rate the Anzac Day jersey my favourite of any other jersey in the comp. I reckon it, or similar, would be a great away jersey. Or at least a modern variation on the old-school steelers jumper. I didn't like the original, just a personal opinion.

They're only talking about it for away games. I think we'll see it for Steelers heirtage day and one or two away games (Bulldogs, Manly if they go for a white home jersey again). This is no different to the current situation really.

Other than that I imagine we'll stick with the Red V.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Johnsy was trying to send us a pic of the alternate jersey but work and tech hassles won't let him.

As Drake said, there's a pic of Barrett on the Adidas site. He's wearing a training shirt, all white with the Adidas stripes down the side.

Johnsy describes a similar altenate jersey only reversed: all red with white stripes down the sleeves.

Adidas_barrett_shirt2005.jpg

To use your imagination: add the sponsor and badges.

Adidas_barrett_shirtRed2005.jpg

Sorry for the crappy attempt at the graphics but basically its a steeler's jersey with the white adidas stripes down the arms, the St George bank logo will naturally be across the rib cage area.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The above is just a training shirt.

Rounded neck apparently. According to the thread title, somewhere outside of New York City.

I don't think it'll be that popular. But the red V is bigger which was something people were asking for.

Red Bear

Referee
goiing by that im assuming it looks like Surreys cricket shirt with red instead of blue and white stripes?
(N)surrey_NCL.gif