What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New players for Warriors?

spear tackle

Juniors
I just heard a news report on the radio (with a short statement from Wayne Scurruh) that promoting the youth from U20's to first grade hasn't been working so they were looking at a few signings for next year.
No mention of who or where these players were coming from just that they were going to be "young first graders".
I hope they simply aint plundering someone elses U20 team.

hitro

Juniors
about flippin time
i hope they look at old first graders too
quality is more important than age
we've already got heaps of kids

ozbash

Referee
Well, according to Owen Glenn there will be a "super signing", although Bluey say no there wont.

My money is on a Chiefs mid fielder...

Aragorn

First Grade
i hope they dont tap into Rugby as a source of talent eg sign Nonu... no good will come of it... we need NRL EXPERIENCE

hitman82

Bench
An admission from the Warriors that they may have taken the club development too far.

Languishing in 13th place on the NRL ladder and all but out of finals contention, the Warriors are doing plenty of soul-searching as they look back on the season.

CEO Wayne Scurrah admits they lacked experience with a number of senior players out injured.

"That's one of the learnings from the year is looking back and saying well, we bought seven players, three from the junior ranks, and we already had a reasonably young squad. Was that a big step?"

Scurrah says they are looking at their options to add experience ahead of the 2013 season.

http://www.radiosport.co.nz/news/spleg/1354501326-warriors-looking-to-add-experience-for-2013

Drzoidberg

Juniors
YOUNG first graders.........the whattie? We need experienced veterans 100 games plus, types.

Rich102

Staff member
"We bought seven players, three from the junior ranks"
That leaves four seniors. One is Fiend. Who are the other three we have bought? Is he talking about Nielsen?

hitman82

Bench
"We bought seven players, three from the junior ranks"
That leaves four seniors. One is Fiend. Who are the other three we have bought? Is he talking about Nielsen?

I think he means the upgrades of a few Vulcans players. He was talking about 2012 recruitment the way I heard it, not 2013.

hitman82

Bench
well I`m happy to see that management havent been living in a bubble and are not delusional.

I just hope they dont go out signing rugby experience like some of you clowns are suggesting.

My money is on an ex-nrl player in SPL wanting to come home. Lance Hohaia?

We should sign the dog f**ker. He's an epic player.

JoeD

First Grade
Would not be adverse to that at all. Remember it doesn't count as cheating because it wasn't his dog!

Aragorn

First Grade
Lucky we dont have a dog for a mascot. He`ll do perfectly.

He probably has a point to prove to media as well. The added grudge we could use to our advantage.

Latest posts