What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New sleeve sponsor announced

Anonymous

Juniors
media release...

Globe Project Group Secures Dragons Sleeve

dragons_globe040311.jpg
The St.George Bank Dragons have moved quickly to fill the sleeve sponsorship left vacant by the upgrading of St.George Bank to Major Sponsor last Friday, announcing today that Globe Project Group has agreed to terms.

Globe Project Group, a sponsor of the St.George Bank Dragons for the past three years, has stepped up its relationship, signing as Sleeve Sponsor for one year with a one-year option.

The Globe Project Group is a privately-owned company that has secured a substantial position in the Sydney development market over the past four years.

The company has been established in Sydney since 1996 and since then has undertaken the development of about 600 residential units in the Sydney market.

Dragons Chief Executive Officer Peter Doust said the club, the NRL and rugby league had received another major vote of confidence with the signing of Globe Project Group as Sleeve Sponsor less than a week after the upgrade of the relationship with St.George Bank.

"Globe is a quality organisation and under the leadership of its principal James Vertsayis, they have an exciting and expansive future ahead," Doust said.

"We hope to have the Globe Project Group as a key major partner of the Dragons for many years to come."

Vertsayis said he was delighted to get the opportunity to take his association with the Dragons to the next level.

“Since Globe began its relationship with the Dragons, I have been impressed with their professionalism, so the opportunity to grow the relationship was natural,” Vertsayis said.

“I am impressed with their business network – over 350 sponsors and corporations – and I look forward to our co-forging strong relationships with this network.”

Leagueunlimited: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article/articletemp.asp?num=4361

SOTV: http://www.showroom.com.au/dragons/sportrlnews/rlnews629.html

Anonymous

Juniors
globe_sponsor_barrett.jpg

Trent Barrett with Principal of Globe Project Group, James Vertsayis: NRL rugby League, Announcement of Globe Project Group as the new sleeve sponsor for the St.George Bank Dragons at St George Leagues Club, Thursday March 11th 2004.

globe_sponsor_players.jpg

From left, Mark Gasnier, Shaun Timmmins, Trent Barrett, Principal of Globe Project Group, James Vertsayis, Peter Doust, Nathan Brown, Brett Firman and Mark Riddell: NRL rugby League, Announcement of Globe Project Group as the new sleeve sponsor for the St.George Bank Dragons at St George Leagues Club, Thursday March 11th 2004.

Anonymous

Juniors
Raiders 2004 said:
does St George Bank need to have the red background? it wrecks the red V..takes the shine out of it.
Every sponsor since Penfolds has cut off the base of the red vee. I agree that it would look better in the lettering was red.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Early in the Penfolds sponsorship there was a little triangle underneath the lettering, completing the Vee - that was excellent...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
I remember that Sthsaint. I have to say that was hoping for the words 'St George Bank' to be red letters on the white background. IMO, it would stand out better anyway. Perhaps that'll happen yet.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Well when no-one starts buying the jumper, they'll soon change the way the sponsor lettering is laid out...

I'll be sticking to my Newmans-era jumper, thanks.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Well when no-one starts buying the jumper, they'll soon change the way the sponsor lettering is laid out...

You're optimistic. People will buy anything if you slap a logo on it. I'm living proof... although even I wouldn't sink as low as some who actually buy our charity shield and ANZAC day rags. :oops:

Southernsaint

Staff member
Denis'saints'Freak said:

You're optimistic. People will buy anything if you slap a logo on it. I'm living proof... although even I wouldn't sink as low as some who actually buy our charity shield and ANZAC day rags. :oops:

The ANZAC jumper is putrid, granted, and so is this season's Charity Shield strip but the older one with the two thin red vees isn't too bad...not that I'd really buy it unless it was $50...

It could be worse, we could be Scum or Wastes Tigers fans - look at the crap they wear.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Latest posts