What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New song for NRL ad campaign

Palms

Juniors
My brother sent me this link tonight of Eric Grothe Jr's band Shinobi, and we came to the conclusion that this band would be a perfect fit for the next NRL Campaign. A hard hitting song, good tempo and would be a good advocate for the game with Grothe playing and promoting his code. Could imagine clips of big hits, classic tries and players training etc.

Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F97XpiF8W8E

beave

Coach
Hello Eric......... ;-)

Seriously I don't mind the song, but with the alcohol dramas the NRL have had with various players recently, the last thing you want is a song based around p!ss and so forth.

.-) Daneel

Juniors
Love the song and sound, Palms!

The song is warnign of the dangers of Alcohol abuse... so maybe not sensible Lyrics for the campaign, but could be easily changed to accomodate a song promoting the code. I might have to contact Guru myself and get his thoughts!? :D

Palms

Juniors
Hello Eric......... ;-)

Seriously I don't mind the song, but with the alcohol dramas the NRL have had with various players recently, the last thing you want is a song based around p!ss and so forth.

Lol, nothing wrong with a bit of self promotion right. Didn't mean that song in particular but more so the sound and the fact its a current player in the band.

.-) Daneel

Juniors
Lol, nothing wrong with a bit of self promotion right. Didn't mean that song in particular but more so the sound and the fact its a current player in the band.

Then as Blocky would say to the Big Marn.... "Im with Ya!!!":music1:

m0nty

Juniors
Perhaps next you can propose that Eric Clapton song, Cocaine? At least it's got a melody. :crazy:

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
What about the theme fom SHAFT.

Great song - and sums up perfectly what happened (and continues to happen) to the Bears.

LazyDreamer

Bench
Reckon to save a few bucks they could use last season's discarded Brett Stewart footage & play the Bloodhound Gang's "You're Pretty When I'm Drunk (and I'm Pretty F***ing Drunk)" over it. Great song done acappella.

griffo346

First Grade
Pretty good song dont mind it at all

however i agree with everyone else about the alcohol reasoning

maybe the nrl could approach the guru and get him to write a song

oh wait its the nrl there not that creative lol

.-) Daneel

Juniors
Pretty good song dont mind it at all

however i agree with everyone else about the alcohol reasoning

maybe the nrl could approach the guru and get him to write a song

oh wait its the nrl there not that creative lol

Thats exactly what Palms and I have said... good song, by a current NRL player... would just need a few lyric tweaks.

Ah the beauty of music... so subjective!

donkey|rope

Juniors
people on this forum have the worst taste in music. seriously this bogan sh*t is not what will make people watch footy. it will only detract from the millions of dollars that will be invested in the nrl's next ad campaign.

this music would have been dated in 97 and its got probably another 10 years before it becomes ironically cool.

LazyDreamer

Bench
people on this forum have the worst taste in music. seriously this bogan sh*t is not what will make people watch footy. it will only detract from the millions of dollars that will be invested in the nrl's next ad campaign.

this music would have been dated in 97 and its got probably another 10 years before it becomes ironically cool.

Can't quite make sense of this post, but can make sense of one thing: Calling people 'Bogans' to feel better about your own shortcomings. Hope it worked.