What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

Pjf04b

Juniors
Should we be surprised? The region has been ignored for decades. The new stadium was a ray of hope that this was changing, but alas it was a false one.

WestyLife

First Grade
I think it is a missed opportunity for Western Sydney.

The new airport, Glenmore Park and Oran Park eventually linking the growth corridor is immense.

It is a shame, a purpose built stadium, with additional commercial and retail occupancy was the best option going forward but that us not going to happen now sadly.

The opportunity for a venue with 365 days a year use was there to be had but going to have to settle for an ad hoc facility with little upside.

I agree with you but the government would be damn near suicidal to spend the money while tax payers are going through a cost of living crisis.

Pjf04b

Juniors
So Penrith loses out again.
Just continues the neglect by governments of all persuasions both State and Federal.

Goonji

Juniors
From the NSW Budget Papers today:
Penrith Stadium Redevelopment
Redevelopment of Penrith Stadium will turn it into a word-class suburban sport, entertainment and community venue. A Penrith Stadium redevelopment is a commitment of the Government and the final project scope will be considered by the Government in 2023-24. Budget = $309.0 million

Last edited:

Chins get the wins

First Grade
From the NSW Budget Papers today:
Penrith Stadium Redevelopment Redevelopment of Penrith Stadium will turn it into a word-class suburban sport, entertainment and community venue. A Penrith Stadium redevelopment is a commitment of the Government and the final project scope will be considered by the Government in 2023-24. $309.0 million
Blah blah blah. Who can believe anything at this point?

Pjf04b

Juniors
25k seats for supporters + ?k for corporates. Not like Commbank where they have less season ticket capacity than before the rebuild.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
No just upgrading the stands
Well they’ll be knocking them down and replacing them, but I’d guess not all at once so you guys don’t have to move.
I reckon then should do the west side first and build a BIG two tiered stand with 13-14K capacity, corporate, media and player facilities, and a smaller single tier wrapping around the south end (basically whatever can fit there with the limitation of the water/sewer mains that run through there).
then once that’s done, the following season replace the east stand with something similar if there’s the budget for it. If there isn’t just upgrade the east stand roof.
They’re planning on keeping the family hill, right?

Last edited:

Sime_11

Juniors
this seems like a waste of $300 mill ( surely we can do more with that amount....)

i hope they reconsider the Parra stadium holding most home games- play at Parra for the marquee games for us (Parra, Souths, Easts, Brisbane etc) -

all the other non-marquee games (where you know it wont go past 15-20k) - take it to the country - give back to the country people - especially with the elite players we've brought in from the country.

i dont think we will sellout Parra stadium alot in 2025.... Panthers fans wont travel to Parra during the regular season

snickers007

Juniors
this seems like a waste of $300 mill ( surely we can do more with that amount....)

i hope they reconsider the Parra stadium holding most home games- play at Parra for the marquee games for us (Parra, Souths, Easts, Brisbane etc) -

all the other non-marquee games (where you know it wont go past 15-20k) - take it to the country - give back to the country people - especially with the elite players we've brought in from the country.

i dont think we will sellout Parra stadium alot in 2025.... Panthers fans wont travel to Parra during the regular season

Yeah I tend to agree. I'd be looking at 7 games maximum at Commbank (Eels, Warriors, Broncos, Rabbits, Roosters, Bulldogs and Tigers).
Then 1 game in Vegas, 1 game during Magic Round.
1 game at Bathurst, 1 game at Port Macquarie (where we also have a licensed club).
And maybe one game down south somewhere. Albury or Bega for example.

Latest posts