What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Suspension Lengths

Sanchez

Coach
Under new IRB guidelines the maximum punishment for physically abusing officials is a lifetime ban

The IRB has laid down new guidelines for the punishment of on-field infringements in an effort to find consistency on a global scale.

Offences are split into three categories - lower end, mid range and top end, which has a maximum sanction.

The maximum punishment for physically abusing officials is a life ban, while the minimum is 24 weeks.

Threatening action or words brings between 12 weeks and five years.

The worst case of testicle grabbing will sideline a player for four years, while the same goes for biting - the shortest ban is 12 weeks.

The maximum for eye gouging is three years, with a minimum of 12 weeks.

Striking with your head can bring up to a two year ban, while all other offences carry a maximum of one year, including spitting at another player.

A spit enters the scale at four weeks
http://www.radiosport.co.nz/SportsNews/sprug/Detail.aspx?id=109905

ozbash

Referee
The worst case of testicle grabbing will sideline a player for four years, while the same goes for biting - the shortest ban is 12 weeks.

:shock:

ozbash

Referee
I believe the good, old fashioned, scrotum wrench was part of the game.

tsk tsk tsk.

skeepe will be pleased i guess.......

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
sounds fair enough to me

Aussies dont need to use the squirrel grip Oz

ozbash

Referee
wonder what you,d get for giving geo smiffs dreads a yank ?

these new laws are a direct slur on south african sportsmanship..

Latest posts