What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Wb1234

Referee
Very little I suspect, why would SA's be interested in RL in Perth?
The ARL did have its sights on Sth Africa at one time and it seems intended to use the Western reds as the spring board for that in the early 90's. Before the Reds entered the comp they were already touring Sth Africa. The early 90's gave real hope for the game in South Africa, then in true RL style it just disappeared again.

View attachment 86704
I’m true rugby league style the reds left the arl and killed off that idea

Canard

Immortal
Sometimes I don't give you enough credit. It's a fine line between ignorance and trolling and you very often hit the sweet spot, so well done on that.
I don't mind the ignorance lines because it presents an opportunity to further explain things as they are for those paying attention. Then there's these obvious trolling posts where you haven't managed to find that line.

It's actually fun at times because Union is in such a precarious position that you guys completely blow it lol. Quick, trot out Maximus and Matua to pull you out lol
Probably the most shit dribbling non-answer I've seen in this forum's history.

You've totally ignored the topic and just sharted out a nothing post.

On the topic, explain why it makes a difference?

Probably the most shit dribbling non-answer I've seen in this forum's history.

You've totally ignored the topic and just sharted out a nothing post.

On the topic, explain why it makes a difference?
I was thinking the same thing, lonely WB gives him a couple of likes (now that Harry`s gone) and it completely goes to his head and all of a sudden he thinks he`s the forum prophet bestowing compliments on those he sees fit. Seriously delusional and sad/funny to boot.

Wb1234

Referee
I already did like 3 times.
You can't be that dumb and still be capable of logging on.. so you're trolling and back on ignore. Ta ta
Karentard has other Alts

the guy you quoted his alts are always kiwis pretending to be wahs fans then having a huge in-depth knowledge of union and always having a negative league slant

he’s actually a loser from the Gold Coast wouldn’t have a clue what nz is like other than google

final say

Juniors
Karentard has other Alts

the guy you quoted his alts are always kiwis pretending to be wahs fans then having a huge in-depth knowledge of union and always having a negative league slant

he’s actually a loser from the Gold Coast wouldn’t have a clue what nz is like other than google
This thread pulls them out of the woodwork. To be still in denial at this point paints a grim picture. Incredible that the Warriors haven't even won a comp yet! The Warriors win the comp or even sustained success ...NZ 2... game over.
The biggest Union strong hold in the world is wobbling!
Imagine if the NRL buys Super league? And what we're witnessing here happens on the Northern hemisphere?

cinders7

Juniors
Perth and Christchurch, if both have the financial backing they need, should be next two clubs in. It would seem that Vlandys is doubling down on PNG happening so like it or not that seems to be where the next club will be, unless there is a major about shift from NRL or Govt.

The talk of three NZ clubs is fanciful, given the NRL's track record in NZ getting one more would be a massive shift in policy for NRL. They have historically been quite happy to throw NZRL scraps and plunder the NZ talent for Australian clubs. If that has really changed we shall see.
I'm not a huge fan of the guy but I don't think you can 'blame' V'landys for PNG being in the news. It's driven by the federal government and seems like a pet project of the PM.

At the end of the day Vlandys is just a sports administrator. He's not going to come out publicly and say no to the PM. Especially when that same PM is getting us into the Whitehouse for the Vegas experiment and he's relying on the help of state labor govts to get funding for his sport and stadiums, etc.

Bukowski

Juniors
I'm not a huge fan of the guy but I don't think you can 'blame' V'landys for PNG being in the news. It's driven by the federal government and seems like a pet project of the PM.

At the end of the day Vlandys is just a sports administrator. He's not going to come out publicly and say no to the PM. Especially when that same PM is getting us into the Whitehouse for the Vegas experiment and he's relying on the help of state labor govts to get funding for his sport and stadiums, etc.
This is what I'm hoping he is doing. There's just no way PNG makes sense before Perth or NZ. It has to be just lip service

Wb1234

Referee
This thread pulls them out of the woodwork. To be still in denial at this point paints a grim picture. Incredible that the Warriors haven't even won a comp yet! The Warriors win the comp or even sustained success ...NZ 2... game over.
The biggest Union strong hold in the world is wobbling!
Imagine if the NRL buys Super league? And what we're witnessing here happens on the Northern hemisphere?
New Zealand will be easier than England we don’t have the money to do that yet

dominating nz and the pacific should be the goal for the next 10 to 20 years and to make more inroads in america

england I would leave it alone it’s a basketcase. They won’t support mergers or expansion

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Japan has the money but hardly the physical size in any great numbers for RL.
you’d be surprised. I was in Japan a few months ago and the size difference between generations is huge. Plenty of younger guys walking around who are 6ft+ and not beanpoles. And attitude wise the Japanese definitely have what it takes, they’re right into their combat sports and commit 110% when they do it. And when there’s 100M people in a country you don’t need need huge numbers as a % of the total.
I’m 181cm and 105kg, and I didn’t feel like a giant there, I wasn’t walking around head and shoulders above everyone.

Colk

First Grade
you’d be surprised. I was in Japan a few months ago and the size difference between generations is huge. Plenty of younger guys walking around who are 6ft+ and not beanpoles. And attitude wise the Japanese definitely have what it takes, they’re right into their combat sports and commit 110% when they do it.

I’m sure you had a great time. Love that country

Id love to see a 4-5 year lead in for Perth. Restart SG ball, get a jersey flegg up and running then a NSW cup side. Also give the WA Govt time to build us a CofE and a new HBF park west stand. Get membership base built up, we could get to 20k by KO date easily.

That would be ideal but it isnt the NRL way.

Christchurch no idea what lead in time they'd need? Stadium will be open in time for 2027 season KO. Youd think it will be easier for them to attract players than Perth if they can convince kiwis to 'come' home from Australian clubs?

If their finances stack up then Christchurch 2027/28 and Perth 2030 both announced end of this year would be a pretty good outcome. Alas I think it will be PNG sht show and nothing else for a few years announced.
If V'landys adds PNG as the 18th team then I reckon he won't last long as ARLC Chairman. The backlash from the RLPA and NRL clubs will be massive. Broadcasters won't like it. Albo will be setting himself up for a relentless smear campaign against him by AwFuL and News Ltd.

The Bears and Tigers know it will cause all sorts of political drama and unrest amongst the RLPA and clubs. That's why they wanted to attach themselves to it. When shit hits the fan they'll take the licence back to Sydney/Brisbane.

MugaB

Coach
If V'landys adds PNG as the 18th team then I reckon he won't last long as ARLC Chairman. The backlash from the RLPA and NRL clubs will be massive. Broadcasters won't like it. Albo will be setting himself up for a relentless smear campaign against him by AwFuL and News Ltd.

The Bears and Tigers know it will cause all sorts of political drama and unrest amongst the RLPA and clubs. That's why they wanted to attach themselves to it. When shit hits the fan they'll take the licence back to Sydney/Brisbane.
Garbage donk...
They've already had court cases and spats for years already the NRL clubs don't care who's 18th as long as it doesn't drain their backyard player pool, and continues to fund that cap, PVL wouldn't push this unless their was a serious carrot for the NRL to prosper from... as for albo who knows???

Bukowski

Juniors
Garbage donk...
They've already had court cases and spats for years already the NRL clubs don't care who's 18th as long as it doesn't drain their backyard player pool, and continues to fund that cap, PVL wouldn't push this unless their was a serious carrot for the NRL to prosper from... as for albo who knows???
Havn't you said previously that the clubs and the states will vote to decide? Now they dont care?

Apparently NSW Labor were pushing for a PNG NRL team in 2019.

Garbage donk...
There is opposition against a PNG team.

Paul Murray has already spoken against it on Sky News Australia.