What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

final say

Juniors
Yeh avg joe is getting a breakdown on existing png aid
That's just the thing.. this is a payment to the NRL ! They are literally going to have to pass a bill to hand 60 million dollars every year over to the NRL!
POLITICAL SUICIDE.
Not a bloody chance.
And given that they're going to announce the new team in 6 months looks bad. It'll take a ton of work to get that through! And then present it to the NRL..
There's been nothing in the media and there's every chance it's been completely forgotten about, like the other billion promises.. it's all bs, f**king politics.

Wb1234

Referee
That's just the thing.. this is a payment to the NRL ! They are literally going to have to pass a bill to hand 60 million dollars every year over to the NRL!
POLITICAL SUICIDE.
Not a bloody chance.
And given that they're going to announce the new team in 6 months looks bad. It'll take a ton of work to get that through! And then present it to the NRL..
There's been nothing in the media and there's every chance it's been completely forgotten about, like the other billion promises.. it's all bs, f**king politics.
The nrl isn’t getting 30 million pa

Canard

Immortal
Imagine how popular the Warriors could be if they actually could win footy matches consistently.

I think they might have been smelling there own farts this season.

Bukowski

Juniors
As long as we agree that Paul Murray is a shit stain and should never be quoted.

Of course there will be pushback about PNG. Or funding for a stadium in Tasmania, Sydney or Perth. That's politics. That said, the most vocal critics against foreign aid spending can't usually point to places like Papua New Guinea on a map. They usually cry "We have to look after our own first!" Then those same assholes vote against policies to help poor Australians too. Deep down, they just don't give a shit about anyone other than themselves.

Who knows what will happen with PNG? My hunch is IF it ever gets announced - IF - then it's also announced with some kind of agreement from the PNG government saying that no foreign power can set up a military base and/or host foreign militaries etc for a very long time.

So when those naysayers start whining, the counterargument will be that the naysayers who want to tear up the agreement want a Chinese naval or air force base in PNG. Which obviously isn't true. No sane Australian wants that. But that will be the argument because that's what the NRL team is for - to buy PNG's loyalty.

i.e. If you hate the PNG NRL team then you're pro-China. Just wait and see.
There would want to be something in it for the NRL. Just funding the club isn't enough, all the bids will be funded.

Colk

First Grade
Imagine how popular the Warriors could be if they actually could win footy matches consistently.

I think they might have been smelling there own farts this season.

I’m intrigued by who you want as the next side at this stage.

They did make the preliminary final last year and are one of the favourites. It is one bad performance.

Dark Corner

Juniors
Presuming you are serious..Just using the Hurricanes as an example why would they ‘defect’?
Currently the Franchise has 8 provincial partners to consider 3 of which are in the top division of NPC (let’s say NSW cup equivalent) to draw as feeders. Within each of those provincial partners there are dozens of club and school teams attached, a large number of those are amongst the top schoolboy Union teams in the country.
Conversely outside of Wellington which in itself has a struggling club scene the provinces have minimal clubs, and often only 1-2 teams max at those clubs. League is just not an option to play at schools in these regions also.
Just one of those Provinces (my home province for example) was a finalist in the NPC this year, has 2 strong schools regularly challenging for top nation school in Union, zero school league teams. On the club scene there are 6 league clubs with at most 3 grades- some teams only play 2-3 games a season due to defaults caused by lack of playing numbers.
Compare this to the Union club landscape which has 4 divisions of 10 clubs each with up multiple grades. This is typical of league outside of Auckland/Wellington/Canterbury.
Why would a franchise even entertain the idea give up these types of pathways and development systems as well as central funding?
The Hurricanes a stand alone club with 8 provincial partners with in the top NPC along with the division's and local clubs and school yet crowds are abysmal from top to bottom.

Canard

Immortal
I’m intrigued by who you want as the next side at this stage.

They did make the preliminary final last year and are one of the favourites. It is one bad performance.
Thought they were shit at home against the Sharks also.

They are 3 and 3, that's not living up to there hype.

Everyone wants them to do well, but most of us have been around long enough to on know you don't get sucked in, when it comes to "new dawns" at the Warriors.

Canard

Immortal
Funnily enough the Warriors would be the biggest opponents of a new team in NZ.

But don't get me wrong I'd take NZ over PNG or the plastic Bears twice on Sundays.

final say

Juniors
Labor got in on just 30% of the primary vote. I wouldn't be surprised if Albo is a one term PM.
Even having this discussion gives any politician more credit then they deserve.
It's all bullshit, like everything else.
They flood Australia with migrants and put Australians on the streets to pump up their own property values. .. but yeah a Rugby league team in PNG to help PNG ... to ward off China? Aren't we still selling them our farms? Our whole economy now depends on China, we're thier bitch.
We'll stop them before they influence PNG BAHAHAHAHA hilarious.

This whole thing is so ridiculous.

Wb1234

Referee
Even having this discussion gives any politician more credit then they deserve.
It's all bullshit, like everything else.
They flood Australia with migrants and put Australians on the streets to pump up their own property values. .. but yeah a Rugby league team in PNG to help PNG ... to ward off China? Aren't we still selling them our farms? Our whole economy now depends on China, we're thier bitch.
We'll stop them before they influence PNG BAHAHAHAHA hilarious.

This whole thing is so ridiculous.
Pauline Hanson

final say

Juniors
Pauline Hanson
? Are you suggesting there's any falsehood to my statement?
Didn't think so.
Our countries destruction has ramped up , homelessness is at record levels, depression, suicide, divorce.. have a look at insolvency lately? And inflation persists.. Israel is on the brink of war with Iran ( which will further full petrol prices and inflation)

Yet they have you thinking we're holding an imaginary line in PNG??
a team in PNG will fix thing..

Latest posts