What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Maximus

Coach

Matiunz

Juniors

Where’s that dope that said nz was struggling for juniors

this is massive

Christchurch will have similar elite pathways for its nrl side
As many have said there’s f**k all players outside of Auckland- this doesn’t disprove this at all.
Amazing to see the young lads get up- fantastic, hope the development systems are stronger than yesteryear to get these kids up to first grade standard. The Warriors dominated the Holden cup for years but apart from the odd exception this rarely translated to first grade success

Wb1234

Referee
As many have said there’s f**k all players outside of Auckland- this doesn’t disprove this at all.
Amazing to see the young lads get up- fantastic, hope the development systems are stronger than yesteryear to get these kids up to first grade standard. The Warriors dominated the Holden cup for years but apart from the odd exception this rarely translated to first grade success
Don’t you claim to live in Sydney ?

wtf would you really know you dope !

Matiunz

Juniors
Don’t you claim to live in Sydney ?

wtf would you really know you dope !
Yes I currently live in Sydney but spent 80% of my life living in those areas you claim to be teaming with juniors and still have family and friends around the scene.
The club scene is barely existent, not an option in schools. In many places they have moved their seasons to not clash with the union season to have a larger player base. Despite this there are still regular forfeits, I’ve been at games where they’ve literally pulled supporters from the sidelines to fill gaps and be able to field a side.
Great to see some more emphasis on the Warriors juniors I just hope we can actually develop these kids, previous version have been an extension of the term “prop wing” where they’d get the biggest kids that would physically dominate, however there got a point where other teams developed skills and footy smarts that these big kids would get left behind when they could no longer dominate.
Auckland to Christchurch is a longer drive/Flight than Sydney to Melbourne, what’s happening in Auckland scene has very little to do with improving Canterbury’s juniors.
So in summary yes I am confident what I’ve seen and experienced in the flesh likely trumps some tiktok you’ve seen “dope”

axe&smash&crush

Juniors

Matiunz

Juniors
Not an overly physically large team, but were much more energetic than their opposition. Was particularly impressed with their backs, Halfback was very classy, centres strong and the winger who was also the goal kicker played well. A well deserved win
Awesome that our half and centres in particular looking strong, traditionally difficult roles to develop within for the Warriors

Wb1234

Referee
Yes I currently live in Sydney but spent 80% of my life living in those areas you claim to be teaming with juniors and still have family and friends around the scene.
The club scene is barely existent, not an option in schools. In many places they have moved their seasons to not clash with the union season to have a larger player base. Despite this there are still regular forfeits, I’ve been at games where they’ve literally pulled supporters from the sidelines to fill gaps and be able to field a side.
Great to see some more emphasis on the Warriors juniors I just hope we can actually develop these kids, previous version have been an extension of the term “prop wing” where they’d get the biggest kids that would physically dominate, however there got a point where other teams developed skills and footy smarts that these big kids would get left behind when they could no longer dominate.
Auckland to Christchurch is a longer drive/Flight than Sydney to Melbourne, what’s happening in Auckland scene has very little to do with improving Canterbury’s juniors.
So in summary yes I am confident what I’ve seen and experienced in the flesh likely trumps some tiktok you’ve seen “dope”
So despite claiming to know what’s happening on the ground in New Zealand now you don’t ?

lmao

fyi Bondi junction isn’t part of nz

Matiunz

Juniors
So despite claiming to know what’s happening on the ground in New Zealand now you don’t ?

lmao

fyi Bondi junction isn’t part of nz
Oh 30 year out of date stereotypes now…
I can keep going around in circles how often I’m in NZ and connections I still have there but you’ll continue to ignore things that don’t suit your agenda regardless. Then comes the name calling and troll accusations when faced with something you don’t agree with- it gets tiresome

The Great Dane

First Grade
Welcome to being a junior development club in the NRL. You do all the work, reap none of the benefits, and your contributions are ignored in the present and whitewashed from the past.