What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Matiunz

Juniors
Fair enough but you do realise that we are talking about 15 × ? That of a side that has won WC ?
India has more than 25x the player pool of NZ in Cricket yet NZ has made more WC finals across the 3 formats than India in the last decade.
No doubt Aus would be more of a power if they only had 1 Rugby code but definitely not beating All Blacks by 50 level

Wb1234

Referee
ALL Rugby league came from RU..
The demise of Rugby is Australia directly correlates with with the rise of the NRL.
There's 2 different types of Rugby:
Rugby league and Rugby union
They are and always have been in direct competition.

Here's an interesting take to consider:
If Australia never switched over from Union, the playing numbers and fans in Union would be 15 × the size.... Australia would dominate the world in Rugby Union and there would have never been this reasonably even international scene.
International Union wouldn't be the draw card it is today. The All blacks would be used to being flogged by 50 by Australia .
All blacks have been playing the dregs of Australian rugby talent in the wallabies and celebrating it as an achievement

But to be fair the kiwi league team has held its own against the consistently top rugby team on the planet the kangaroos

India has more than 25x the player pool of NZ in Cricket yet NZ has made more WC finals across the 3 formats than India in the last decade.
No doubt Aus would be more of a power if they only had 1 Rugby code but definitely not beating All Blacks by 50 level
Its a ridiculous statement isnt it.

Bunch of Yanks jerked off in the same way after Vegas - we'd own this code if we took it seriously y'all!

Coulda, shoulda, woulda... dont fking matter.

Perth Red

Post Whore
100%
NRL to Sky " our numbers are booming and we're adding a game "
RU to Sky " our numbers are dwindling and we're cutting a game "

Ge, I wonder how this plays out lol
Im interested to know how you think it will play out when there is no one else in NZ offering an alternative tv offer?

Wb1234

Referee
Im interested to know how you think it will play out when there is no one else in NZ offering an alternative tv offer?
Cmon Perth red you said nobody was going to bid for nz2

and png were no chance

you are about as accurate as the other pretend league fans on this thread

warriors ratings are up 74 percent

Matiunz

Juniors
Yep that’s going to be worth a lot for the Australian tv deal lmao

now tell us again why sky nz will be cutting the amount they offer the sport whose ratings are up massively
You’re reimagining the argument again, when have I ever said Sky will cut their offer? I’ve said they don’t have limitless cash to throw around and and NZ2 doesnt necessarily mean they’ll be in a financial position to double their offer for example. Being the only credible bidder and under financial stress will make for interesting times next negotiations

Matiunz

Juniors

and png were no chance

You’ve thrown 74% numerous times, not doubting it just curious where you’re sourcing that from, Sky ratings are notoriously hard to come by

Perth Red

Post Whore

and png were no chance

you lie. I said that at the time there was no bids or backers. As it stands we still havent seen any money men come forward.

Vlad59

Juniors
I understand your bias opinion on this, but you didnt really answer my point of why tv audiences cant be relied on. I didnt include the AFL grant when I mentioned they have by far the largest FC revenue. For me attendnace will always be the #1 measure of a clubs active fanbase. Its the most relaible one we have imo.
Anyway for want of being accused of talking afl I'll leave this debate for elsewhere lol.
Bias? Jesus fecking Christ! You’ve got that covered dick brain!

Wb1234

Referee
you lie. I said that at the time there was no bids or backers. As it stands we still havent seen any money men come forward.
There are now two bids when you said none would materialise

you also said a png team was zero chance of happening and the nrl games at Vegas wouldn’t happen

at least you are consistent

Perth Red

Post Whore
There are now two bids when you said none would materialise

you also said a png team was zero chance of happening and the nrl games at Vegas wouldn’t happen

at least you are consistent
you lie. I never said they wouldnt, I said at the time we were disucssing it they hadnt. At the moment we have two interested bidders.
1. Local league guys who think they can fund it with blockchain
2. Experienced pros, some with less than shiny RL backgrounds, who think they can fund it with fan ownership.

Neither AT THIS TIME, look very credible,

Wb1234

Referee
you lie. I never said they wouldnt, I said at the time we were disucssing it they hadnt. At the moment we have two interested bidders.
1. Local league guys who think they can fund it with blockchain
2. Experienced pros, some with less than shiny RL backgrounds, who think they can fund it with fan ownership.

Neither AT THIS TIME, look very credible,
You said png will never get a team
You said Vegas wouldn’t happen
you said nz2 was no chance

your credibility is as bad as the union trolls on this thread

is zilch

Perth Red

Post Whore
You said png will never get a team
You said Vegas wouldn’t happen
you said nz2 was no chance

your credibility is as bad as the union trolls on this thread

is zilch
They havent yet
I said Id be surprised if it did and if led to anything
No I didnt

You lie.

Why not redress the 2 NZ bids glaringly obvious issues if you believe one of them will be club 18? They have been around for a couple of months, only just spoken to NRL, have no funding that we know of, yet you think they are a good chance to be announced in 6 months as club 18? Cuckoo cuckoo

Wb1234

Referee
They havent yet
I said Id be surprised if it did and if led to anything
No I didnt

You lie.

Why not redress the 2 NZ bids glaringly obvious issues if you believe one of them will be club 18? They have been around for a couple of months, only just spoken to NRL, have no funding that we know of, yet you think they are a good chance to be announced in 6 months as club 18? Cuckoo cuckoo
Club 19 to be announced this year too with png

Perth Red

Post Whore
Now you believe abdo ?
You didnt answer, says who?
Abdo said that club 18 would be announced end of year, no mention of club 19. On the laws of probability about knowing whats going on at NRLHQ, between you and him, I'll take his word at this time.