What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

For years Perth Rat has been telling us the next team will be Perth, regardless of what has been reported in the media or stated by the ARLC. He makes it up as he goes along and has no credibility left.

Wb1234

Referee
You didnt answer, says who?
Abdo said that club 18 would be announced end of year, no mention of club 19. On the laws of probability about knowing whats going on at NRLHQ, between you and him, I'll take his word at this time.
I’m saying it’s a chance

when abdo said nz should get another team you ignored it

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’m saying it’s a chance

when abdo said nz should get another team you ignored it
Anything is chance, but is it likely?

along with everyone else, it was like Oprah, Melbourne you get another team, PNG you get a team, Perth you get a team, Bears you get a team, Jets you get a team, Pacifika you get a team, NZ you get another team.
Geez if we held them to their word we'd be looking at a 24 team comp lol

As it stands there has been no announcement of when/if team 19 will be announced, thats a fact. Anything else is your guesswork and speculation.

Lets look at the facts we know for the fiction writer amongst us. At this moment in time:

Team 18 is due to be announced 'at the end of the year'.
There is no commitment to team 19 and 20 though the NRL is looking at it
There is no confirmation of when team 18 will KO off in NRL

thats as much as we know, which isnt a lot

Canard

Immortal
You said png will never get a team
You said Vegas wouldn’t happen
you said nz2 was no chance

your credibility is as bad as the union trolls on this thread

is zilch
I don't get this argument.

2 of the 3 things got quoted haven't happened.

How can you rationalise that you are making anything like a coherent argument.

Wb1234

Referee

along with everyone else, it was like Oprah, Melbourne you get another team, PNG you get a team, Perth you get a team, Bears you get a team, Jets you get a team, Pacifika you get a team, NZ you get another team.

As it stands there has been no announcement of when/if team 19 will be announced, thats a fact. Anything else is your guesswork and speculation.

Lets look at the facts we know for the fiction writer amongst us. At this moment in time:

We know nz2 is needed

its a slam dunk

The irony of Perth Rat saying this after arrogantly telling us Perth are the frontrunners for the 18th licence is hilarious. Everything he says is bullshit based on what he wants. The same goes for the shit posted by those nutbags mongoose and Dane.

How many years have they been on here posting the same shit?

NRLMad

Juniors
Nz2 is guaranteed - we can’t let afl get to it
PNG/bears or something is guaranteed a
Perth is guaranteed

that’s it and all you need.

The Great Dane

First Grade
India has more than 25x the player pool of NZ in Cricket yet NZ has made more WC finals across the 3 formats than India in the last decade.
No doubt Aus would be more of a power if they only had 1 Rugby code but definitely not beating All Blacks by 50 level
I'm not saying they'd beat the All Blacks by 50 every time or whatever other nonsense, but you have to admit that the history of international RU would be extremely different if the NRL and AFL didn't exist and Australia was as committed to RU as e.g. NZ and ZA. Same is true of athletic talent in North America if the NFL and NHL didn't exist. Australian, Canadian, and American international teams with complete access to those talent pools from a young age would be forces to be reckoned with in any full contact sport.

In either case pretending otherwise is just ego talking.

Last edited:

Matiunz

Juniors
I'm not saying they'd beat the All Blacks by 50 every time or whatever other nonsense, but you have to admit that the history of international RU would be extremely different if the NRL and AFL didn't exist and Australia was as committed to RU as e.g. NZ and ZA. Same is true of athletic talent in North America if the NFL and NHL didn't exist. Australian, Canadian, and American international teams with complete access to those talent pools from a young age would be forces to be reckoned with in any full contact sport.

In either case pretending otherwise is just ego talking.
Oh I agree Aus would be a force with just the one code but I don’t think they’d be as dominant as some are suggesting.
There gets a point of critical mass with playing number that evens itself out at a certain point, after all you can only pick a teams worth of players, it’s also why you see some countries with less resources compete in world sports that logically should not be able to.
Taking into account their NRL players Aus would be in a similar position to SA. If AFL didn’t exist majority of their players wouldn’t likely be playing rugby they’re more suited to soccer and basketball.
As with the ABs there’s also an arrogance around the Kangaroos ability, it’s a unwinable pissing contest when in reality both sets of athletes are likely of a similar ilk albeit with different conditioning, it’s very rare to see a dominant player of one code convert and dominate the other.

flippikat

Bench
I’d be happy with nz2 as club 18: anywhere will do as long as it’s not another nsw or qlnd club.
I'd add a piece to that - any PNG or Pasifika team (if those are indeed on the shortlist) needs to be carefully assessed - especially if Government subsidies are a key part of the funding equation.

We all know how quickly Government priorities can turn on a pinhead.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'd add a piece to that - any PNG or Pasifika team (if those are indeed on the shortlist) needs to be carefully assessed - especially if Government subsidies are a key part of the funding equation.

I think any non pokie run new club will need careful assessment tbh. All the options carry a different element of risk:

Christchurch need some decent money men backing and to show some corporate support, its a RU mad city and RL is niche there and currently the two bids are not installing confidence in their financial security.

Perth need to show significant state Govt support and give NRL a confidence in fan and corporate support and a clear strategy of how we would build a competitive squad.

PNG, well where do you start? There needs to obviously be a locked in water tight huge govt funding agreement for at least 10 years (imo) then a clear strategy of how the club will be able to build a competitive squad given the massive logistical turn offs for players.

Wb1234

Referee

And sometimes they deliver like the stadium in Christchurch

Wb1234

Referee
I think any non pokie run new club will need careful assessment tbh. All the options carry a different element of risk:

Christchurch need some decent money men backing and to show some corporate support, its a RU mad city and RL is niche there and currently the two bids are not installing confidence in their financial security.

Perth need to show significant state Govt support and give NRL a confidence in fan and corporate support and a clear strategy of how we would build a competitive squad.

PNG, well where do you start? There needs to obviously be a locked in water tight huge govt funding agreement for at least 10 years (imo) then a clear strategy of how the club will be able to build a competitive squad given the massive logistical turn offs for players.
If only the arlc had you making the decisions

Latest posts