What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Matua

Bench
He’s having trouble keeping up with the convo via multiple accounts
Your buddy Gob is the only one with multiple accounts, but it's cute that you have created a narrative in your head that anyone who opposes your idiotic posts is a multi instead of just admitting when you're wrong.

final say

Juniors
I read it, it was stupid, I was going to respond but @Matiunz beat me to it, you rolled over immediately. So what was the point in posting the original comment in the first place? Were you just that ignorant?
You made 2 completely different points.. almost different topics..bloody hell.
Actually try to comprehend what you're reading.

final say

Juniors
Your buddy Gob is the only one with multiple accounts, but it's cute that you have created a narrative in your head that anyone who opposes your idiotic posts is a multi instead of just admitting when you're wrong.
We've addressed the reasons why I had to open a new account months ago, continuing to run with the multi/ alt thing is boring. You know better but continue to be so blatantly disingenuous. Weak.

Matua

Bench
You made 2 completely different points.. almost different topics..bloody hell.
Actually try to comprehend what you're reading.
What on earth are you dribbling on about now? My only point was letting your boy Wb know RTS was selected for the ABs, and that he shouldn't have been (as he wasn't good enough).

Your post was just one of your usual uninformed rants and you immediately backed down on it.

Matua

Bench
We've addressed the reasons why I had to open a new account months ago, continuing to run with the multi/ alt thing is boring. You know better but continue to be so blatantly disingenuous. Weak.
It doesn't matter why you had to become a multi, the fact is you tried to pass yourself off as someone else. Even if you think it was just a little game you were playing you've tarred yourself with that brush now, and no amount of you and your boy Wb calling other posters multis is going to change that.

Matiunz

Juniors
Beating the worst wallaby teams in history

then again the kiwis beat the team that’s been the consistent best over 50 years the mighty kangaroos

and yet somehow rts can’t find a place in that team of muppets
They play more than just the Wallabies...
The nature of the game now has a multitude of IP through coaches and players etc going to other countries that the gaps between the top 10 in particular is shrinking. Much of this comes from NZ and SA in particular.
whilst yes the Wallabies haven’t been at their best, other teams like France/Ireland/Argentina etc have had their best teams possibly ever emerge to fill the void.
RTS whilst a fantastic league player just didn’t perform well in union, neither did Benji, neither did Sam Burgess- that’s not to say they aren’t great athletes the game just didnt suit them.

final say

Juniors
It doesn't matter why you had to become a multi, the fact is you tried to pass yourself off as someone else. Even if you think it was just a little game you were playing you've tarred yourself with that brush now, and no amount of you and your boy Wb calling other posters multis is going to change that.
Are you ok mate?

final say

Juniors
The nature of the game now has a multitude of IP through coaches and players etc going to other countries that the gaps between the top 10 in particular is shrinking. Much of this comes from NZ and SA in particular.
whilst yes the Wallabies haven’t been at their best, other teams like France/Ireland/Argentina etc have had their best teams possibly ever emerge to fill the void.
RTS whilst a fantastic league player just didn’t perform well in union, neither did Benji, neither did Sam Burgess- that’s not to say they aren’t great athletes the game just didnt suit them.
Benji was never going to be suited for Union and it's a good point! RTS I feel wasn't giving a proper chance. I think he's even being misused at the Warriors, he should be given a couple of weeks go at 6 or at least a roaming commission. Late ball at centre is a piss take.

Matiunz

Juniors
Benji was never going to be suited for Union and it's a good point! RTS I feel wasn't giving a proper chance. I think he's even being misused at the Warriors, he should be given a couple of weeks go at 6 or at least a roaming commission. Late ball at centre is a piss take.
Yeah the Roger at Center experiment clearly isn’t working. Initially was happy to try it as CNK was excellent there last year and fit into our systems well, thought it may have been disruptive to team cohesion to move him and thought RTS may have been a decent option in a traditionally hard position for us to fill.
Alas hasn’t worked out that way and CNK is a better Center and RTS is a better Fullback, sadly though Webby has been pretty change resistant thus farm.

final say

Juniors
Yeah the Roger at Center experiment clearly isn’t working. Initially was happy to try it as CNK was excellent there last year and fit into our systems well, thought it may have been disruptive to team cohesion to move him and thought RTS may have been a decent option in a traditionally hard position for us to fill.
Alas hasn’t worked out that way and CNK is a better Center and RTS is a better Fullback, sadly though Webby has been pretty change resistant thus farm.
Yes! I said before last week's game that it was coming to a tough point in Webb's career- tough love. It's all well and good when you're going good to back your players or even through the hard times but this week it's a bit of a piss take. You can't be thier mates every week.
But having said all that, maybe there's a long game he's playing?
We'll see but it's not looking good.

final say

Juniors
Actually, just looked at the team and noticed an interesting inclusion..pompy is on the bench...
Could be a late or mid game switch..Pompey to centre, RTS to 6 TMM back to the bench?

Wb1234

Referee
Sam burgess played centre in a rugby union World Cup semi final

standard is just awful

Wb1234

Referee
Benji would’ve killed it in union if given a genuine chance

Wb1234

Referee
Rts looked good at fullback

he doesn’t have the space or time at centre and is stuck in a narrow channel of the field

Someone told me sj is playing injured so that would explain his lack of line breaks

the warriors aren’t far off

rts at fullback could make their season

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
“Among them are schools regarded as rugby union bastions which have a history of openly refusing to cater for rugby league and, in some instances, banning their pupils from playing the 13-man code.”

But we were told school don’t do this it’s just a lack of interest as to why league isn’t played in schools and nobody in nz gets banned for playing rugby league
We are simultaneously told that RL needs to sort its pathways and schools programs... hmm

Matiunz

Juniors
Benji would’ve killed it in union if given a genuine chance
Benji was the worst of the converts that I can remember, the game just didn’t suit his playing style. At the time he only really played a heads up style and looked completely lost out there. The fact that when he returned to league he adapted to a more structured and controlled playing style that suited his aging body better (similar to SJ now) suggests he had to reevaluate his playing style.

Matiunz

Juniors
Actually, just looked at the team and noticed an interesting inclusion..pompy is on the bench...
Could be a late or mid game switch..Pompey to centre, RTS to 6 TMM back to the bench?
There’s an example of Webbys head scratching bench selections of late, Pompey’s been on the bench last 2 weeks and totalled about 2mins one week and zero minutes the next.
This is despite needing so fresh legs in the forwards(which eventually the opposition dominated late in the game)

MugaB

Coach
There’s an example of Webbys head scratching bench selections of late, Pompey’s been on the bench last 2 weeks and totalled about 2mins one week and zero minutes the next.
This is despite needing so fresh legs in the forwards(which eventually the opposition dominated late in the game)
Ivan does the same with daine lauire, they are there incase of hia or serious injury to a back

Last edited:
Ivan dies the same with daine lauire, they are there incase of hia or serious injury to a back
Ah so that's where it stems from... one of Webby's assistants has since clarified his bench makeup is for injury cover, but I hadnt clicked it was an Ivan thing as well.

But what's your guys view on how that affects the impact of starters who're asked to play big minutes? Obviously has worked out well for Ivan over the last 4 years, but like @Matiunz says, for the Warriors it seems a luxury the team cant afford anymore.