What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Matua

Bench
Sam burgess played centre in a rugby union World Cup semi final

standard is just awful
A midfield back from club rugby (amateur) played in the Pacific Cup final and won as a prop.

One player playing in matches in either code is not evidence of anything.

MugaB

Coach
Ah so that's where it stems from... one of Webby's assistants has since clarified his bench makeup is for injury cover, but I hadnt clicked it was an Ivan thing as well.

But what's your guys view on how that affects the impact of starters who're asked to play big minutes? Obviously has worked out well for Ivan over the last 4 years, but like @Matiunz says, for the Warriors it seems a luxury the team cant afford anymore.
We don't really care too much, but It does seem to be a wasted spot unless that person can cover centre/2nd row, just to give those guys you mentioned a bit more rest, as we have Martin, Kenny and Sorrenson who can all play/switch to middle roles, I think Ivan has been burnt too many times before to not have that no.14 guy as cover

We don't really care too much, but It does seem to be a wasted spot unless that person can cover centre/2nd row, just to give those guys you mentioned a bit more rest, as we have Martin, Kenny and Sorrenson who can all play/switch to middle roles, I think Ivan has been burnt too many times before to not have that no.14 guy as cover

Yea that makes sense. Niukore being out limits options, but wasn’t that long ago Capewell started at centre for QLD. Obviously wouldn’t start him there now, but he could slot in if he had to. Yet for the last two games he's started, Pompey has been twiddling his thumbs on the bench when we could've had another middle.

Dunno if Webby’s seeing stuff in training that’s forcing his hand, or if it’s just his inexperience as a head coach, but guys like AFB, Barnett and Tohu are getting flogged as a result.

final say

Juniors
Don't you try to limit my free speech/free rambling. ;)
O please continue. I'm thinking, since I'm consistently being called an alt and apparently never been where I said I've been... maybe I will just open up an alt.. never admit to it and actually lie about where I've been..
Yeah that's what ill do and you'll never know it's me.
X

Wb1234

Referee
O please continue. I'm thinking, since I'm consistently being called an alt and apparently never been where I said I've been... maybe I will just open up an alt.. never admit to it and actually lie about where I've been..
X
He’s the one that pretended to be an expert on New Zealand when he lives on the Gold Coast

Matiunz

Juniors
Ah so that's where it stems from... one of Webby's assistants has since clarified his bench makeup is for injury cover, but I hadnt clicked it was an Ivan thing as well.

But what's your guys view on how that affects the impact of starters who're asked to play big minutes? Obviously has worked out well for Ivan over the last 4 years, but like @Matiunz says, for the Warriors it seems a luxury the team cant afford anymore.
Warriors desperately needing some grunt in the forwards, there’s plenty of injuries which doesn’t help.
However AFB and Barnett have both been performing well but doing more minutes than the should be which is probably stunting their effectiveness. Tohu is out there way too long you can see he’s struggling to keep up at a few points and judging by the amount of tape he wears he’s barely holding it together. Capewell is looking like a well timed offload from the broncos and is broken more often than not, Ford is rocks or diamonds. Shame we lost Curran and we definitely need Marata back. Ale is looking promising as is Laban, Bunty just never seemed to get to the next level.
Good to see JFH coming in next year but he needs another solid prop to help him- by some reports relying too much on AFB may be a factor in him leaving next year.

Matiunz

Juniors
Is sj injured ? Someone told me he doesn’t train during the week at all
It’s what’s been reported, supposedly would have been rested if we had options and was due to have CHT come in about a month ago before he in turn got injured.With Metcalf and CHT injured there’s not too many other capable replacements, even busted he’s still responsible for majority of our points.

Matua

Bench
X
It will take us two posts to figure out it's you.

Maximus

Coach
We've addressed the reasons why I had to open a new account months ago, continuing to run with the multi/ alt thing is boring. You know better but continue to be so blatantly disingenuous. Weak.

Can you remind us what the reasoning was. Because you opened your current account 2 weeks before you stopped using your old account, and even switched accounts in the same discussion (the below were posted in the same thread, 4 mins apart)

There's no substance to this post..

Let's go NZ 2 !!!

You created your new account to pretend to be someone different, got caught, and had to drop the old account.

Canard

Immortal
Can you remind us what the reasoning was. Because you opened your current account 2 weeks before you stopped using your old account, and even switched accounts in the same discussion (the below were posted in the same thread, 4 mins apart)

You created your new account to pretend to be someone different, got caught, and had to drop the old account.
Time to create a new alt @final say

Latest posts