What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newtown CLub

silverfox

Juniors
What has happened at the Jets Sports club. I was with a lady friend the other night at the club and she went to use the facilities while i decided to place a few bets. In the tab area only two TV's working and she tells me that there are doors missing off the toilets?? I must admit it has been a while but it seems to be going down hill. There was no food available either!

Please dont let this club go the way of all others - cant we do somehting to get an injection of funds??? cant the jets use the money they got a few years back or is it already been spent (i hope not as i cant see where it would of gone to?):crazy:

innsaneink

Referee
I can see where its gone.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/newtown-jets-social-club-robbed-20100705-zw2a.html
Newtown Jets social club robbed

July 5, 2010 - 6:49AM

AAP
The manager of Newtown Jets rugby league team's sports club has been bashed and locked up during a robbery.
The manager of The Jets Sports Club was leaving the premises in Holbeach Avenue, Tempe, in Sydney's south at about 11.30pm (AEST) on Sunday when he was ordered out of his car by the robber.
He was forced back into the building and told to open the safe and fill a bag with cash.
Police say the robber punched the manager in the face, locked him in a strongroom and stole his car, a blue Holden Vectra with the registration ALB 59W.
The manager activated an alarm and was rescued by police.
Detectives have appealed for anyone with information about the incident to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

silverfox

Juniors
thats not good for the club - why was the manager at the club at 11.30pm by himself on a sunday night?? hope he is OK! hope they have CCTV footage!

stumped

Juniors
What has happened at the Jets Sports club. I was with a lady friend the other night at the club and she went to use the facilities while i decided to place a few bets. In the tab area only two TV's working and she tells me that there are doors missing off the toilets?? I must admit it has been a while but it seems to be going down hill. There was no food available either!

Please don't let this club go the way of all others - cant we do something to get an injection of funds??? cant the jets use the money they got a few years back or is it already been spent (i hope not as i cant see where it would of gone to?):crazy:
Fox, all is not lost, the board will hold an extra ordinary meeting to discuss the robbery and I'm sure that the 3 wise men will put forward the motion to claim the TV's that didn't work in the TAB and the missing toilet door down to the theft also, somehow they will re float the SS jetstempe titanic

silverfox

Juniors
this story keeps developing - apparently the club was shut at 7pm? so again what was the manager doing there at 11.30pm at night by himself (or was he). Also pretty stupid thief who goes to a robbery without a getaway vehicle! surely the cops will get him soon!

silverfox

Juniors
the sports club is a disgrace - there was a brawl down there on sunday and only a female bar person there to break it up. What sort of people are they attracting. Can someone go in there and get this club backon track!@!!!

stumped

Juniors
the sports club is a disgrace - there was a brawl down there on sunday and only a female bar person there to break it up. What sort of people are they attracting. Can someone go in there and get this club backon track!@!!!
And this amazes you??? fox, has the toilet door been repaired yet???? perhaps the board room door could be used, heaven knows that all the sh1t spoken in the meetings it wouldn't be out of place!!!!

shorepatrol

Juniors
[the sports club is a disgrace - there was a brawl down there on sunday and only a female bar person there to break it up. What sort of people are they attracting. Can someone go in there and get this club backon track!@!!![/QUOTE]

i will be back in Sydney with my wife end of this month,was going to take her to the club for a meal but after reading this think wii give it a miss.

who was in the brawl members,islanders? where were the doorman,duty supervises etc.maybe its time ex cop tony reed had a look at things.

would hate the club going the same way as the old prince Alfred club run by crims.:(

Bluebag

Juniors
That is a shame but with the Motor Boat club closing the Jets has picked up their patrons and that is a shame as it was filled with abusive, stupid drinks while the Jets had a family reputation but it is not like that now.

I am a member and have noticed since Dave Woods left as Manager the club has gone on a slippery slide downhill in terms of profitability and management. His predecessor was colourful and the latest does not speak to anyone and in a small club that is a shame.

Shore Patrol come and bringthe family down to Camperdown Bowling club for a meal, small cheap and friendly.

I will be at reunion day tomorrow but will not be going back to the club.

shorepatrol

Juniors
as the wife and myself will be staying in ashfield,camperdown sounds OK.
do they serve a good t/bone or roast?hard to get these in north/east Thai.

what club have newtown taken over?
who runs camperdown bowling? many thanks.:)

silverfox

Juniors
as the wife and myself will be staying in ashfield,camperdown sounds OK.
do they serve a good t/bone or roast?hard to get these in north/east Thai.

what club have newtown taken over?
who runs camperdown bowling? many thanks.:)

Camperdown have a great chinese - cheapest in sydney. The JUnior jets basically run the caperdown BC now and they also have Canterbury BC and Ryde BC. They have a few more in their sights as well.

shorepatrol

Juniors
Camperdown have a great chinese - cheapest in sydney. The JUnior jets basically run the caperdown BC now and they also have Canterbury BC and Ryde BC. They have a few more in their sights as well.

thanks for the tip, camperdown BC it is.:p

Latest posts