What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newtown Jets 2024

Frenzy.

Immortal
The problem with the Jets at the moment they have to many players who know they won’t ever make the top grade.
IMO you need more youth and players who believe if everything goes their way they may get a chance. Bringing Billy M back was a mistake
The problem with the Jets, and I may upset some, is that the partnership reduces Sharks depth by not having all the spots open to Sharks players. Will never get a pathway like Penrith's until our reggies are stand alone.

Hard but true

The problem with the Jets, and I may upset some, is that the partnership reduces Sharks depth by not having all the spots open to Sharks players. Will never get a pathway like Penrith's until our reggies are stand alone.

Hard but true
Nah I agree, get it back to purely a Cronulla reserve grade side and stuff the jets and the nostalgia.

Don Tweddle

Juniors
Did the named side run on. There were a few nuffs in the side this week. Journeymen Cook and Gibbons in particular

Did the named side run on. There were a few nuffs in the side this week. Journeymen Cook and Gibbons in particular
Pretty much. No Cook though - Berrell played but must have been injured a few minutes in.

Edit: Cook came in as 18th man. Dykes injured again?

shadowboxer

First Grade
Pretty much. No Cook though - Berrell played but must have been injured a few minutes in.

Rumours of Dykes pressuring WK spot at the back? Must have been Kent in angry offended flabby mode.

If he is injured we are getting very thin in backups around halves that would be it.
Hypothetically if we lose Hynes for any games at origin who comes up if Trindall doesn't play

This is not good some of the immediate backups

Dykes 41 minutes
Berrell 3 minutes

Hunt got 66 minutes for 6 hit ups, I noticed another middle Hosking had 11 though he did play 80, that's the thing with Hunt he does not look for work.

Stonestreet number good 14 hitups 169 metres

Tiger Shark

Bench
This is not good some of the immediate backups

Dykes 41 minutes
Berrell 3 minutes

Hunt got 66 minutes for 6 hit ups, I noticed another middle Hosking had 11 though he did play 80, that's the thing with Hunt he does not look for work.

Stonestreet number good 14 hitups 169 metres
Hosking is a work horse on both sides of the ball. Good future ahead. Might take the 13 spot eventually

Don Tweddle

Juniors
Jets side vs the Dragons this Saturday. The hunt for a 6 continues.

1. Kade Dykes
2. Thomas Rodwell
3. Mawene Hiroti
4. Jackson Ferris
5. Samuel Stonestreet
6.Kyle Pickering
7. Niwhai Puru
8. Royce Hunt
9.Josh Cook
10. Tuku Hau Tapuha
11. Jack Gibbons
12. Billy Burns
13. Blake Hosking

14. Rhys Dakin
15. Jordin Leiu
17. Billy Magoulias
18. Samuel Healey

I thought Pickering was a back rower.
Would be tempted to give Pollard a crack, or Healey but he looks are next backup hooker.
Berrell is out again.
We are getting very light on spine depth

Frenzy.

Immortal
Jets side vs the Dragons this Saturday. The hunt for a 6 continues.

1. Kade Dykes
2. Thomas Rodwell
3. Mawene Hiroti
4. Jackson Ferris
5. Samuel Stonestreet
6.Kyle Pickering
7. Niwhai Puru
8. Royce Hunt
9.Josh Cook
10. Tuku Hau Tapuha
11. Jack Gibbons
12. Billy Burns
13. Blake Hosking

14. Rhys Dakin
15. Jordin Leiu
17. Billy Magoulias
18. Samuel Healey
Magoo on the outer? Was often used as 6 in the past. Cook and Gibbons named again.

Is there a big injury list of Jets contracted players?

Don Tweddle

Juniors
Magoo on the outer? Was often used as 6 in the past. Cook and Gibbons named again.

Is there a big injury list of Jets contracted players?

Magoo seems like the obvious candidate but has looked off the pace this year.

That list would definitely be useful but it’s a well kept secret if it’s out there.

Interesting to see the team.updated
Dykes - to play fullback hope he gets through game
Ferris - one of most unluckiest players through injury
Rajab - at 5/8 I am sure we got him from Dogs last year
Healey - starting I think for first time
Tooks and Hunt playing would mean Toby playing first grade

Frenzy.

Immortal
Interesting to see the team.updated
Dykes - to play fullback hope he gets through game
Ferris - one of most unluckiest players through injury
Rajab - at 5/8 I am sure we got him from Dogs last year
Healey - starting I think for first time
Tooks and Hunt playing would mean Toby playing first grade
Nuh. I reckon he's come over recently. Still listed as a Bulldog on NSWRL.com

He last played for them Round 4 this year as a replacement. Has only been named twice this year and both as a reserve - not even been an interchange. Would have thought that unless injured would have played for Jets by now if he's been around.

He's actually not bad at that level. Went OK for the Cedars at the World Cup in 2022

Nuh. I reckon he's come over recently. Still listed as a Bulldog on NSWRL.com

He last played for them Round 4 this year as a replacement. Has only been named twice this year and both as a reserve - not even been an interchange. Would have thought that unless injured would have played for Jets by now if he's been around.

He's actually not bad at that level. Went OK for the Cedars at the World Cup in 2022
They had some wraps on him at one stage, he could be a handy pick up

Latest posts