What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next 3 rounds easts / bulldogs / tigers and new coach ?

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
It's a very strange one this season start after 7 rounds

2nd is on 4 wins and 16th is on 2 wins

Canberra even more strange is back where we are on the table but have beaten two of the best teams in the Broncos and Sharks !!!!

Yet we were right in it most of the match against Canberra and defensively looked so much better in the middle with JDB making 54 something tackles and 80mins on the pitch.

We don't look like we are far away from improving a couple areas in particular the play making on the wknd was a lot better by Sloan which was a massive improvement. Plus he looks better under the bomb.

There is no reason that right side attack can't improve dramatically - it can't get worse can it?

Bird If he can fu$#ing remove his two or three crucial penalties / errors per game is the difference in two games this season. That tackle on the kicker was just the most unbelievable thing I have seen him do this season and let Canberra burrow in our half and hurt so much energy wise.

So if we win the next 3 games ie East's, dogs and Tigers we will probably be in the top 8 after 10 rounds 😉 😜 😀 😄

Unlikely but strangely possible and with a new coach and we in top8 could we make a run for the finals?

Rocket Rod

Juniors
With all due respect Auntie I think you must be on drugs
No way we win the next 3 let alone one.
Only reason we have been in games is because the opposition drops their intensity against us and makes us look better than we are until they decide it’s time to win this game.

Parko1310

Juniors
We've already dropped 4 points we should have picked up in the last two weeks. You could argue we've dropped 6 if you wanted to make an argument for the broncos game. Just wasteful, and it will cost us. The season is over as the draw is way too difficult at the end of the year.

justadragon

Bench
I cant see us winning another game for a while without major selection and coach changes, three teams below us still havent had the bye, so very soon we could find ourselves at 16th.

Dragon David

First Grade

Canberra even more strange is back where we are on the table but have beaten two of the best teams in the Broncos and Sharks !!!!

Yet we were right in it most of the match against Canberra and defensively looked so much better in the middle with JDB making 54 something tackles and 80mins on the pitch.

We don't look like we are far away from improving a couple areas in particular the play making on the wknd was a lot better by Sloan which was a massive improvement. Plus he looks better under the bomb.

There is no reason that right side attack can't improve dramatically - it can't get worse can it?

Bird If he can fu$#ing remove his two or three crucial penalties / errors per game is the difference in two games this season. That tackle on the kicker was just the most unbelievable thing I have seen him do this season and let Canberra burrow in our half and hurt so much energy wise.

So if we win the next 3 games ie East's, dogs and Tigers we will probably be in the top 8 after 10 rounds 😉 😜 😀 😄

Unlikely but strangely possible and with a new coach and we in top8 could we make a run for the finals?
Anything is possible Auntie. In my opinion, the team wanted to win that game yesterday, but stupid dumb things they did cost us. If they cut out that stupidity and if they bloody "think before do" and apply better attention to detail, they could have won and if they have the same approach with their want to win attitude, then maybe they could win the next three games.

Unfortunately, the reality of it all is that you cannot change the spots on the cheetah so you cannot change the dumb things our players do.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Tigers can win 2 of their next 3 and Saints (including beating Saints) and Saints lose all 3 and we will be equal last with the Tigers. I see that more of a possibility than Saints being top 8 in round 10. Saints for and against is the only thing keeping saints from last.

Unless Hook is sacked this week and new coach has the 1st game against the Chooks to sort things out and wins against the Dogs and Tigers. This is the time to sack Hook as the Dragons next game is on Anzac day after a 9-10 day turnaround.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Sorry, but I disagree with a lot of the original post.

- Our defence looked good in the middle because Canberra chose to attack in the middle. Better sides like the Sharks, Broncos and even the Titans worked out you can run around the outside and score easy points. Coaches like Robinson, Ciraldo and Sheens are smart enough to know this.
- Yes it was a big effort from JDB, but you're only as strong as your weakest link. When Bird misses 5 tackles and Amone 8 tackles, that good work is for nought.
- Attack wise we are rubbish. Everyone waits for Hunt to do something. Amone played like a poor man's version of Corey Norman. Mbye offers nothing in attack from dummy half.
- We are such a dumb side. That's two games in a row we have had a chance to tie things up in the last few minutes, only to take poor options and throw away any chance we had.

I accept that our defence can improve, but I'm not convinced our attack is going anywhere and you can't fix stupid. I can't see us beating Easts, they have too much firepower for us to handle. I don't see us beating the Bulldogs given we play them off only a 5 day break. Even the Wests game is a worry. I hope I'm wrong.

This Year?

Immortal
I'll have a crack at this crystal ball stuff.

Roosters - Loss
Roosters will either run up a score or it will be a dour affair with a #dragonsfooty moment in the last 5 minutes to decide the game.

Bulldogs - Win
Luckily we face them with many injuries. Their attack is as bad as ours, but you better believe we will make this much harder than it should be.

Tigers - Loss
The Tigers move the ball well but the last pass isn't sticking and then they have to do alot of defending. Knowing our luck those passes will stick and the magic round Dragons binfest will come into full effect. I wouldn't be surprised if we won this, but either way it won't exactly be an advertisement for rugby league.

Harry Bath

Juniors

What about that grubber kick on the 3rd tackle 35 metres out from Dragons try line, it was only a fluke we got the ball back! just dumb !

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Attack looked better with Sullivan as it was not all dependant on Hunt. He scored 1 and set up another in his first game. He did more in that 1 game that Amone has done yet copped an injury never to return to FG and play reserves so everyone can think Sulli is injured when in fact playing a lot of reserve grade until he gets an injury.

Saints can play all three in Hunt, Sulli and Amone but that won't happen under Hook's watch.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I love ANZAC day. Probably one of thew few games I absolutely love because it's bigger than the dragons or the roosters.

That being said, I hope dogs or tigers beat us because then that's the final nail in the coffin for some change round here lol

Dea

Juniors
A likely loss to the Roosters on ANZAC day when they rise for the occassion and we play boring no risk 6 run tackles with no kicks in an effort to improve our completion rate. Bulldogs have a lot of injuries but I can see them getting over the top of us by playing rookies against our top team. Tigers we might get as they are as big a basket case as we are.

slippery5

Juniors
Attack looked better with Sullivan as it was not all dependant on Hunt. He scored 1 and set up another in his first game. He did more in that 1 game that Amone has done yet copped an injury never to return to FG and play reserves so everyone can think Sulli is injured when in fact playing a lot of reserve grade until he gets an injury.

Saints can play all three in Hunt, Sulli and Amone but that won't happen under Hook's watch.
The question is.
Did Amone play the house down in KO cup to warrant selection???
I think not.
Or was it he didn't ask for a release during the off season!!!!!!!!