What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next one is in the bin

unforgiven

Bench
I see this as pretty simple

Create a blood bin style interchange - sin bin card

Give it to the sin binned player as he leaves the field

The NRL interchange official can only allow a player to return to the field when he returns the card

I like the idea of a sin bin countdown shot clock also
How does that fix it?

no name

Coach
It is very simple.
If you multiply the amount of metres gained by the number of players on the field and divide that by the number of penalties given in the oppositions 47 metre zone, this gives you the number needed to add to the offending players jersey number which determines how many minutes divided by Pi the player gets in the bin.

Just bring back the quick tap ffs.

ed-grimley

Bench
I watched a match in Group 7 yesterday - 1 player on one team was marched while 1 of his team mates was sin-binned twice. 1 player on the other team was sin-binned.

no name

Coach
Bush footy refs, whilst not always being of the highest quality, never lost the power.
Sin bins and send offs have been usual place, mostly for warranted offences, in the matches I’ve seen over the years.
There wasn’t a big drought and then a stack of binnings/send offs.
NRL is a totally different game to rugby league.

How about strip rugby league. Every penalty results in a player from the team losing a piece of clothing. If one individual causes more than five penalties they play the rest of the game nude. That’d bring the ladies back (unless it’s third man or Scott Minto) in the monty

ed-grimley

Bench
Bush footy refs, whilst not always being of the highest quality, never lost the power.
Sin bins and send offs have been usual place, mostly for warranted offences, in the matches I’ve seen over the years.
It's good not having replays - the ref makes a decision and everyone moves on.

kdalymc

Bench
Man I’ve had enough...
I like the sin bin, and I love a good send off,
because they are RARE.

6 per game, 129 each week, fair crack of the whip hey....
Just taking the piss

thorson1987

Coach

Bullshit, I got sin binned in my Group 6 Reggies GF a few years back for nothing. (All other times I got binned the year before were warranted though)

no name

Coach
Bullshit, I got sin binned in my Group 6 Reggies GF a few years back for nothing. (All other times I got binned the year before were warranted though)
Mostly doesn’t mean always!
Also it would be unheard of for a player to be binned in an NRL GF or finals match in the past 5-10 years except for punching.

The quality of bush refs probably isn’t where it should or could be but I think most bush players know where they stand with most of the refs they encounter each weekend.
Bush refs don’t need a blitz because they have been going about making those calls all along. (Rightly or wrongly)

thorson1987

Coach
Mostly doesn’t mean always!
Also it would be unheard of for a player to be binned in an NRL GF or finals match in the past 5-10 years except for punching.

The quality of bush refs probably isn’t where it should or could be but I think most bush players know where they stand with most of the refs they encounter each weekend.
Bush refs don’t need a blitz because they have been going about making those calls all along. (Rightly or wrongly)

Yeah they are generally pretty consistent, although they do not have to deal with the same amount of scrutiny. When I was a junior league ref the only scrutiny I had was from the assessors.

no name

Coach
Yeah they are generally pretty consistent, although they do not have to deal with the same amount of scrutiny. When I was a junior league ref the only scrutiny I had was from the assessors.
Agree on the scrutiny.
I think some better leadership is needed for the refs at NRL level.
It’s a tough gig and they get hammered from everywhere.

aqua_duck

Coach
This is where the inconsistency with the sin bin gets me, Napa was sin binned for leading with the head, yet tonight Moeroa hit Heinington flush in the face with a shoulder charge and no sin bin. Prior to the Napa incident the sin binned had not been used for dangerous contact for probably 20 years and it looks like it won't be used again for another 20 (unless Sutton needs to win the Broncos a game)

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Now we're getting two bins for the one player in one game.

This season has been an utter dumpster fire and the NRL should hang their heads

hunters

Juniors
Now we're getting two bins for the one player in one game.

This season has been an utter dumpster fire and the NRL should hang their heads
Not before Hipgrave hangs his head. You've already been to the bin, the ref gives your team the warning and 40 seconds later you decide to blatantly and willingly strip the ball. Idiot deserved to be in the bin!

Reactions: Vee

Travitoh

First Grade
Similar to NHL powerplays, remove the offending player from the field for minor penalties until either his team is in possesion again or the opposition score points.

Sin bin get's used for professional fouls and major penalties.

no name

Coach
So Friday nights rule is 3 penalties in 3 minutes is a binning.
Sunday arvo 3 penalties in 3 minutes and no binning.

Frustrating as f**k.

Latest posts