What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next week..

PARANoIR

Bench
Who do you guys think should be our winger to replace Utai next week? Keeping in mind they'll be marking either Manu Vatuvei or Patrick Ah Van, both of which are very talented players, and very tall.

If we put Cutler in, he will be very suspect under the high ball, due to his lack of height, but I think he will have to be our best option, since Phelps is crap and Duvai is untested, and it is not the time to test him against the likes of Vatuvei.

Thoughts?

aenima1

Juniors
phelps back to the wing and williams back to centre since williams wont be in the pack once omely and mason are back anyway.

C.P

Juniors
Its hard to say. I think Phelps should get the nod, he was solid today and if they put Williams inside him at centre that should hopefully smother any potential problems caused by Phelps's lack of height and size

bluenwhite

Juniors
um cutler is usually great under the high ball. he'll be fine there. better than some of the other options we have.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
bluenwhite, wake up mate.

We had 17 players who all played bloody well today.
One of those is highly unlikely to play on Sunday, and FOUR, possibly FIVE are making comebacks to the lineup.

There is no way Cutler will be selected.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
big surprise that bluenwhite gave his vote for Cutler... :roll:

At least if we pick him it'll make for some humorous forum conversations next week.

Phelps and Cutler are pretty similar in terms of size. The Dogs don't exactly pick wingers based on height, though. Utai could be the shortest man in football (his gerth makes up for his height, though!)

Phelps has had a good couple of games. Although Cutler might be more suited for the wing position, I think they'll struggle to overlook Phelps this week (now that Tonga and company are back).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Phelps did well yesterday. There is no reason to drop him for Cutler at all.

Why can't you be objective for once bluenwhite?

PARANoIR

Bench
Neither Cutler or Phelps would be ideal to mark Vatuvei imo.

As mentioned above, he will be nothing more than a speed bump

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Patrick Ah Van is a pretty good young player, but he is only 183cm and 91kg and at this stage of his career I hardly think you need to take any special measures to contain him.​

PARANoIR

Bench
I was more so speaking of Vatuvei. And 183cm compared to Cutler is pretty tall.

I think I've got more faith in Ah Van than most of the Warriors faithful. I'm sure he could tear most sides apart, given the chance.

Latest posts