What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next year I just hope...

weasel

First Grade
we don't have a bye in the final few rounds!

I really don't know how to feel after the match. Second straight year we've bowed out with a performance that wasn't particularly gallant, but not really lacklustre either. There were flashes of brilliance, and moments where we tettered on the brink of losing our composure, but overall, just the lethargic kind of performance teams can often produce when they haven't played much football. You watch a game like that and think "We'll be better for it next week", then realise there's no second chances. Ironic that we fought so hard for 2nd place just for that second chance in the first week, and that's not when we needed it. If we'd lost to the Sharks in that final we probably could have gone further. I would have preferred to see us self-destruct out there, or play awesomely and still lose. At least then I'd know what to feel. Anger, disappointment, pride. Instead I just feel a total absence of emotions.

MrSharky

Juniors
Funnily enough... had you lost to us in Week 1, and assuming you won the following week, you'd have been better prepared last night!...

Funny game rugby league...

icon6.gif

weasel

First Grade
Well, if we'd lost week one we would have played the Tigers week two anyway and may have been stopped by them again. But I think two games on the trot for us instead of two in a month, and them only coming off one straight win, instead of the two, might have made it a tighter affair.

EDIT: Oops, no they would have advanced to week three. We would have played the storm. Well then, traditional week two chokers carrying some injuries. Hmmm.. yeah that would have probably been a better road than the one we took.

God-King Dean

Immortal
No excuses for us

Tigers are quite simply a better team then we were. They took all their opportunities with both hands, & out played us.

Hope Tigers win the GF, go Campbelltown!