What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Year...

MadDogMason

Juniors
Agree fully with u there but benny harris aint useless. I dont think he wil b able to handle the preasure without Vagana to look up 2. I hope Lolesi goes great guns i think he wil...Trust me listen to raider_69's advice he is the canberra GOD!!!
I Hope Your Rite :) :mrgreen:

Raider_69

Post Whore
its not often i praise players that have left canberra but lolesi is a slid investment

loves the cross feild kicks ;-)

MadDogMason

Juniors
Cant wait 2 c how he goes. Could be up with the top tryscorers next year if shifty is on q with his short kicking game. :) :D :mrgreen:

ngunity

Juniors
Lolesi was playing on the wing at Canberra right? Well he won't be on the wing at the Dogs, so I am concerned that he might be a bit out of place at Centre.

I liked some of the things he did in the 2k3 Raider games that were televised (all 1 of them :lol: ), and it's cool to have a centre who's reasonably safe under a high ball, but I have to reserve judgdement 'til we see him in action.

If nothing else it would be good if he was defensively strong, as that one of Vagana's many great strengths

Alan Shore

First Grade
JK said:
Is the new willie fast? And do you think he will be brought into 1sts much?

Vagana = Lolesi
Reardon = Feeney (if he stays with us)
Glen Hughes (hopefully) = Asotasi

I still have concerns in the #9. I don't think Perry and Corey are good enough. Solutions anyone?

Losing vagana means we will be slower but not by that much. I do hope that Patten, El masri & Utai all work hard on sprinting in the off season!

Solution for hooker: Brett Olivier.

Canterbury

Juniors
Harris is well on the cards for the future at canterbury.. don't get me wrong.

The only problem i had with him was his performance in the final series..

And for that i'd give Lolesi & Tonga the centre positions.

I couldn't go past ryan in the second row.. because IMO he was our best performed player throughout the finals!

ngunity

Juniors
Canterbury: You must have been disgusted with Harris in the finals to think two guys who don't have as much 1st grade experience at centre as him are better choices.
Lolesi from what I understand only ever played on the Wing, and I can't remember a thing about Tonga but assume he's either a reserve-grader or played for a team like the Tigers which is the same thing :lol:

Anyway I think Harris earned his keep, displacing Talau whom I liked a lot, and was the king of interceptions, and made plenty of line breaks.

Also the fact he played over Talau means Folkes was prolly grooming him to be our #1 centre with the loss of Vagana so there's no way you'll see him warming the bench in round 1. but you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

but just like my opinion that the Hughes boys should never play above reserve grade, you and I will both be duly dissapointed ;-)

Canterbury

Juniors
ngunity said:
Canterbury: You must have been disgusted with Harris in the finals to think two guys who don't have as much 1st grade experience at centre as him are better choices.

I was quite disgusted.. but as i've said there will be a chance for him to break into the side next season.

ngunity said:
Lolesi from what I understand only ever played on the Wing,

Lolesi has played centre before. Lolesi is a solid player who in most cases is known to do no wrong. He also has more experience over Harris.

ngunity said:
and I can't remember a thing about Tonga but assume he's either a reserve-grader or played for a team like the Tigers which is the same thing :lol:

Well then you obviously don't know your rugby league. Willie Tonga partnerd' Harris in the centres for the U/20s NSW Side (i think it was this year or last year) and has a huge amount of potential. That of which he couldn't fullfill at parramatta.

If played in our first grade side he would be the fastest guy we have.

ngunity said:
Anyway I think Harris earned his keep, displacing Talau whom I liked a lot

Glen Hughes displaced Jamie Feeney.. Lately folkes' team selections don't mean anything to me.

ngunity said:
but you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

Yes I am. as you are yours.. nice talking with you.

MadDogMason

Juniors
I think Oliver would be a good hooker for us but there is know way i would giv up a great exp attacker like corey unless he can show us sumthing special. It isnt worth the risk especially since we lost vagana and norton :(