What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next years forward pack...

Yeah I know we haven't even started the 2017 season but this really intrigues me what the Club will do.

Off contract for next year is

Gallen (likely retire)
Heighington (likely retire)
Lewis (likely retire ?)
Taga
Prior
Capewell
Graham
T Rex
Latimore
Mortimer
Brailey
Nu Brown

Contracted for next year is

Fifita
Bukuya

Now that is bloody scary!!

We are likely going to see Clubs go hard for Capewell and possibly Graham if we don't come up with decent coin. Graham has stated in a recent article that he's willing to go if the coin isn't right. Matt Prior will be seen as more than a handy signing for a lot of Clubs.

Will be interesting to see who we retain and chase.

Prior has been outstanding as a prop last year but maybe he can play back row and keep the middle solid. Losing Gal and Heighington really leaves big shoes to fill for the centre of our defence.

One thing for sure our forward pack will be a lot different to this year.

Last edited:

coolumsharkie

Referee
Gal will probably play on, he'd have to take a paycut if he did one would imagine. Lewy,Heigno and Taga will be gone but plenty of time to sign a big name or two or see a young gun step up.

Ads

First Grade
Not sure when his contract is up but was told we are looking to bring Frizz back.

coolumsharkie

Referee
2018 is going to be a rebuilding year no doubt about it. Players like Trex, Morts and Latimore have to prove their worth at a new club this year. We could be in a bit of strife if they all fail.

Weaponhead

Coach
The upside is plenty of cash to make astute purchases.

The rebuild over the next couple of years will be very important. Need a long term nucleus to build around and keep the winning culture going. A new challenge for the club but vitally important.

Retaining Graham, Bird, Fifita, Chad in addition to Holmes as long term core players allows the club to build.

taipan

Referee
Think they are all waiting on finalisation of the Salary cap, with the RLPA and the NRL .Hell knows how long that will take.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Yeah I know we haven't even started the 2017 season but this really intrigues me what the Club will do.

Off contract for next year is

Gallen (likely retire)
Heighington (likely retire)
Lewis (likely retire ?)
Taga
Prior
Capewell
Graham
T Rex
Latimore
Mortimer
Brailey
Nu Brown

Contracted for next year is

Fifita
Bukuya

Now that is bloody scary!!

We are likely going to see Clubs go hard for Capewell and possibly Graham if we don't come up with decent coin. Graham has stated in a recent article that he's willing to go if the coin isn't right. Matt Prior will be seen as more than a handy signing for a lot of Clubs.

Will be interesting to see who we retain and chase.

Prior has been outstanding as a prop last year but maybe he can play back row and keep the middle solid. Losing Gal and Heighington really leaves big shoes to fill for the centre of our defence.

One thing for sure our forward pack will be a lot different to this year.

Hoping Lewis hangs around 2018, just so we dont lose all 3 veterans at one go, this depending on his form of course

Prior i cannot see him leaving Flanno has got the best out of him, unless someone pays massive overs he will stay.

Capewell we need to keep long termer

Taga no loss others on market can replace with

Graham will be interesting in that, he is captain in waiting, if he goes up Bird's contract with captaincy after one year of Jimmy running the joint

Trex, Latimore/Mortimer - are those 1 year deals are they long term part of plans, i think that more they need to decide.

Brailey - keep

Nu Brown - I cant see him staying unless gets plenty of game time this year

There is also plenty of forwards on market end of this year, if we are chasing a young guy with plenty of future Nelson Asofa-Solomona, and if looking for a veteran for a year Ryan Hoffman would not let us down

Frenzy.

Immortal
Taumalolo.

Nelson Asofa-Solomona only resigned for a year as well. Storm will struggle to keep him, Finucane, McLean, Kaufusi and Welch who are all off contract

McQueen, Paasi and Peats will be off contract. Peats..........get him

Brenton Lawrence would be a hand journeyman signing

Aaron Woods is off contract as well

There is actually a million forwards available.

Marchad

Juniors
Taumalolo.

Nelson Asofa-Solomona only resigned for a year as well. Storm will struggle to keep him, Finucane, McLean, Kaufusi and Welch who are all off contract

McQueen, Paasi and Peats will be off contract. Peats..........get him

Brenton Lawrence would be a hand journeyman signing

Aaron Woods is off contract as well

There is actually a million forwards available.
Aaron Woods no way.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I wouldn't prioritise Woods either but you can bet Flanno would. SOO and International player. Flanno will be all over him like a rash.

Fits the mould that Flanno has been making

Or the cake he has been baking

Stake Removed

First Grade
We know Flanno will pick sign an old head, which is smart as we losing plenty of experience, just helps steady the ship.