What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Super Size Me

CycloneSteve

Juniors
OK there has probably been a thread already about this movie but I couldnt find it so here I go.
I just watched this movie on DVD and was almost sick to my stomach. Not only that but it was a HUGE eye opener to me, seeing that guy go through what he did has totally turned me off eating junk food.
So, from this day on I am striving to eat much much better than the way I have been recently. I dont really want to die when I'm 45.
Has this movie had the same effect on people?

Charley9

Bench
no unfortunately...first thing after the movie finished, my sister got in her car and went straight to maccas...she said it made her feel like maccas (???)

Anonymous

Juniors
The movie didn't change anything but their service certainly has.

Last night I was asked to wait for Cheese-less Quater Pounder. No problem.

15 min later no order. I went in to ask where it was. "Oh we forgot!" said the manager, "It'll just be 5 minutes."

When I asked for my money back, you'd think I'd asked for a bag of sh!t.

No appology. No free meal. Nothing.

Maccas = Banned. I will never eat there again.

Hello Hungry Jacks.

Razor

Coach
The food itself doesn't do that.

He was a regular exerciser and also stopped exercising. If you eat that food and exercise it's not that bad.

Charley9

Bench
their drive-thru is awful too, it's always a pretty safe bet that they'll forget something.

les norton

First Grade
When I smoked a few yrs ago....When ever I saw those gross adds, i just wanted a smoke.

Advertising genius.

Charley9

Bench
and did anyone else get that e-mail with the picture of a lady in america holding up that battered chicken's head she found in her mcnuggets??!!! :-&

The_Ben

Juniors
I haven't eaten maccas in a long time. Now I just concentrate on eating good clean food and exercising 6 days a week. I have found cutting out maccas and bulking up on musashi products much easier to build bulk up. Especially the Creatine. That is good stuff!

the_knights_rule

First Grade
The movie didn't change anything but their service certainly has.

Last night I was asked to wait for Cheese-less Quater Pounder. No problem.

15 min later no order. I went in to ask where it was. "Oh we forgot!" said the manager, "It'll just be 5 minutes."

When I asked for my money back, you'd think I'd asked for a bag of sh!t.

No appology. No free meal. Nothing.

Maccas = Banned. I will never eat there again.

Hello Hungry Jacks.

thats so poor, being soemone who works out teh front its very annoying when you call out a special order and the people out the back respond to let you know they've heard but they dont end up cooking it. i know how annoying it is having to wait for agesto jsut get a burger. at my store our managers are pretty good so they always make sure they apologise and if there has a been a big stuff up they get a free meal or soemthing like that.

their drive-thru is awful too, it's always a pretty safe bet that they'll forget something.

yeah my stores drivethru is crap and we know it :lol: the person handing the order out is meant to double check order but they rarely ever do because they hand it out so there isnt a huge hold up.

i havent seen the movie but ive seen advertisments for it. i dont know how you could eat that much mcdonalds ewww

Charley9

Bench
i don't know why but this reminds me of the knights news where boozey was comparing footy to working a maccas joint :)

IanG

Coach
I haven't seen the movie but from what I've heard about it it's a case of he made his point.

princessjen

Juniors
i saw it and it was disgusting. i dont eat mcdonads much, but when i do, i guess its because its cheaper, and it doesn't take long (hence fast food haha). i dont want to eat it though because its so gross. those burgers make me feel sick looking at them cos they have all this crap in them, but i still like the taste. i am ashamed :(

northey

First Grade
i had to watch it your english assignment.. it was terriable, give me a micheal moore doco any day

I haven't seen it but it seems to me that it's a double edged sword. The good points are that he has opened the eyes of a lot of people to how disgusting maccas really is, and got them to change thier menus slightly to save their public image. However, it seems to me that he has made a lot of money by making a doco proving something that 99% of people already knew (ie Maccas is not good for you). It would like making a doco saying that on fine days, the sky is blue!

The question must be asked... has he made this doco to pull Maccas into line, or or personal fame and glory??