What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nines

Card Shark

Immortal
On in 2 weeks, looking forward to it....love the concept.

The Premiers have a good record at it, so maybe we can give it a shake.

We also have a Brisbane trial, so that will impact upon our team.

Proper trials for the world club challenge are more important.

Quigs

Immortal
Nines, schmimes.

Don't like the nines one bit. (The Hong Kong 7's plus 2)

Just crossing the fingers that we don't get a serious injury. That is a win to me.

Card Shark

Immortal
The Union 7s is a flawed concept as its nothing like normal rugby, less than 1/2 the players on the field.

The upcoming 10s will be better.

The RL 9s is a great showcase of the games talent / freakish skill & it's what gets kids interested in the game (the big bash of league).

Injuries can happen at any time, even driving down the freeway...just ask the Knights.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Our priorities are different this year....will send a token team to the nines. Will have to meet the quota of 5 ? of the top 25 in the squad and plenty of young-uns to make up the squad. Would expect Wade, Heino, Matty Prior, Nu and Mortimer to be the old heads of the squad.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Our priorities are different this year....will send a token team to the nines. Will have to meet the quota of 5 ? of the top 25 in the squad and plenty of young-uns to make up the squad. Would expect Wade, Heino, Matty Prior, Nu and Mortimer to be the old heads of the squad.

Graham, Loots, Bird, Feki, Heigno are going.. Flanno loves to win I reckon :p

Oh yeah and Nu probs.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Hope Flanno sends T.Williams to nines, thats the type of comp which could get his confidence up, can be destructive over there

Stake Removed

First Grade
I would say as PR exercise any of our players who came from QLD will play in the broncs trial.

That would be Holmes, Bakuya and might be couple of the 20's.

As if poster said that Loots/Bird/Feki going to 9's and Holmes plays fullback in trial, Flanno will have complete new 2-5 in the trial, actually i think that is good idea, so who looks likely as we will need some backup during season.

Card Shark

Immortal
So we open the tournament against the Titans, Saturday midday. Tough game I'd reckon.

We also have Panthers & Dogs.

Will be a good effort to get to the next stage.

Arnold

Juniors
So we open the tournament against the Titans, Saturday midday. Tough game I'd reckon.

We also have Panthers & Dogs.

Will be a good effort to get to the next stage.

This will be the first time I casually watch any Sharks game. After the GF the need to win something is totally satisfied.

Fingers crossed for no injuries.

Foz

Bench
I read somewhere(sorry no link)that we were going to select the Rat but there was a $10k
bond that had to be paid in regards to player behaviour so looks like it's not happening.
I'd have thought any bond would be applicable to anyone we picked so don't know why it was mentioned.
Would've been nice to see him in the Sharks colours again.

http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...cronulla-sharks-nrl/mp37c4owb8ij19xu3p5dqcm8i
This wasn't the article but it's similar.

Last edited: