What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nirvana

The overratted tag is an undeserved one 16 years after Cobain's passing and having only released 3 records people are still influcenced by their music today definetley one of my favourite bands, if you want overratted Green Day, U2, ACDC, Iron Maiden, Sex Pistols, Bon Jovi and Nickelback to name a few.

maiden are a lot better than nirvana,at least they know how to play more than 2-3 chords everysong :roll:
i liked nirvana when i was younger but smells like teen spirit is the most over-rated song ever made

fish eel

Immortal
Well their not a commercial band Fishy. Although you probably would recognise them if you heard them.

By the way, my previous post came across a bit harsh to Dave - wasn't trying to have a go at you mate, just pointing out a difference of opinion. The fact that my opinion happens to be correct is irrelevent ...

Thanks for the tip, but there's heaps of 'commercial bands' I wouldnt know from a bar of soap either. That happens when your radio station of choice is newsradio :sarcasm:

HevyDevy

Coach
Thanks for the tip, but there's heaps of 'commercial bands' I wouldnt know from a bar of soap either. That happens when your radio station of choice is newsradio :sarcasm:
Wow, I actually typed 'their' instead of 'they're'.

That's pretty bad.

Anyway, don't argue music Fishy - it's not your strong point.

fish eel

Immortal
Wow, I actually typed 'their' instead of 'they're'.

That's pretty bad.

Anyway, don't argue music Fishy - it's not your strong point.

We were arguing music? Gee, I thought it was a nice discussion about the value of grunge as a genre. Its not four corners after all. ;-)

Perhaps talking metal isnt my strong point, but I'd be more than happy to wipe the floor with you in a discussion on the bands spawned by the british invasion or the us college scene in the 80s. :cool:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
as much as i should be against them, i f**king have always loved them, i put Nevermind up there with Pearl Jam ten, Van Halen 1, Ratt Invasion of yoru Privacy as my favourite albms of all time. Yes Krt was horribly ntalented, but they were very distinctive, and had an amazing sound - only great bands can generate this - it sorts the boys from the men.

carcharias

Immortal
ron jeremy!!!!!

I think I agree with you.

I actually listened to Nevermind on Friday arvo as I drove down the coast.
It was a bloody great great album..teen spirit is hard to listen to on account of the saturation.
That, is not Nirvana or the actual songs fault though.

That whole album has some ballsy guitars and chorus's .......every song is virtually an anthem.

FTR
I also really like Iron Maiden. Bruce has probably the greatest big hair band voice of all.

HevyDevy

Coach
We were arguing music? Gee, I thought it was a nice discussion about the value of grunge as a genre. Its not four corners after all. ;-)

Perhaps talking metal isnt my strong point, but I'd be more than happy to wipe the floor with you in a discussion on the bands spawned by the british invasion or the us college scene in the 80s. :cool:

Awww I'm just joking around with ya Fishy.

Anyway, you referring to the NWOBHM? I grew up listening to that sh*t mate.

fish eel

Immortal
Awww I'm just joking around with ya Fishy.

Anyway, you referring to the NWOBHM? I grew up listening to that sh*t mate.

No, the original British invasion- stones, beatles, animals etc

Not the metal bands. Wouldn't have a clue about them!

Eelementary

Post Whore
as much as i should be against them, i f**king have always loved them, i put Nevermind up there with Pearl Jam ten, Van Halen 1, Ratt Invasion of yoru Privacy as my favourite albms of all time. Yes Krt was horribly ntalented, but they were very distinctive, and had an amazing sound - only great bands can generate this - it sorts the boys from the men.

That's all 'cos of Dave Grohl IMO, the real talent from that band.

mongoose

Coach
its no surprise its the metal heads who all trash Nirvana:roll:

"nirvana only use 3 chords"
"cobain can't do shredding guitar solos"
"dave grohl can't even do 16th note blast beats"

LOL grow up

adamkungl

Immortal
lol I don't think i've seen any metal fans bagging Nirvana in this thread, like simmo said just Foo Fighters fans.

Latest posts