What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Australian tv deal yet!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Majority of rugby league fans now have kayo, not a bad outcome. Be good to watch the games next night, bring it on!

jim_57

Staff member
Majority of rugby league fans now have kayo, not a bad outcome. Be good to watch the games next night, bring it on!

Kayo will work perfect for me, I may get up or stay up for some games but I’m quite happy watching most of them on replay the next day. FTA for Australia’s matches & the finals would have been good as well as foxtel/Kayo for the rest but not the end of the world anymore.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
No 7 this time, is the reason cause their coverage of the cricket?

Anyway happy with Fox and Kayo, watching the replays would be great if not watching them live.

yakstorm

First Grade
Some content is going to be made available on Kayo Freebies, what that looks like hasn't been confirmed yet, but I imagine that will include some Kangaroos Tests and the World Cup Final to comply with anti-siphoning

Iamback

Coach
Some content is going to be made available on Kayo Freebies, what that looks like hasn't been confirmed yet, but I imagine that will include some Kangaroos Tests and the World Cup Final to comply with anti-siphoning

I guess they are hoping to onsell those games, if not yeah they will be a Kayo freebie

Diesel

Referee
I have Kayo so it doesn’t affect me but this is disgusting from the safe proclaimed “home of rugby league”. It just shows how far their heads are up their arses by the decision makers.
while the ARLC won’t do much I’d like to hear V’landys comments on this.
I guess Kayo freebies will screen select matches but I’m sure there are some older or technology disadvantaged people that either can’t get Kayo or will be unaware it’s available on a streaming platform

Iamback

Coach
I have Kayo so it doesn’t affect me but this is disgusting from the safe proclaimed “home of rugby league”. It just shows how far their heads are up their arses by the decision makers.
while the ARLC won’t do much I’d like to hear V’landys comments on this.
I guess Kayo freebies will screen select matches but I’m sure there are some older or technology disadvantaged people that either can’t get Kayo or will be unaware it’s available on a streaming platform

I hate FTA as much as the next person, but how many people will be up in early hours of the morning?

So people would be recording to watch later anyway

Fangs

Coach
Channel 9 have now completed their descent into hell. I hope those re-runs of that lego show and the danoz direct ads can get their viewership up.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Personally, I notice how poor the app is compared to Stan because I often go from watching the rugby on Stan and then switch to the league on Kayo. The picture is always worse, there's more bugs (it always winds up way further behind the live time), it drops down from HD more often.

Although I guess if watched in isolation with old school SD broadcasts in mind then it would be bloody good in comparison.
My trick is to watch the channel rather than the stream version. I find the quality isn’t quite as good as the stream version. But more than makes up for it not doing those little rewinds and quality drops.

Matua

Bench
My trick is to watch the channel rather than the stream version. I find the quality isn’t quite as good as the stream version. But more than makes up for it not doing those little rewinds and quality drops.
The channel? On Kayo? Also, can you not rewind on your Kayo? I'm pretty sure I can drag mine back (I use an Apple TV).

Also, one of my issues with Kayo is the lack of quality on the stream version so not sure I'd want to decrease that. 😀

Dogs Of War

Coach
The channel? On Kayo? Also, can you not rewind on your Kayo? I'm pretty sure I can drag mine back (I use an Apple TV).

Also, one of my issues with Kayo is the lack of quality on the stream version so not sure I'd want to decrease that. 😀
If you scroll right to the bottom of Kayo the list of channels is there. Just find what channel the sport iii want you watch is on and put that on. So much better. Especially good when back to back games are on. It’s not much of a drop and it’s a more consistent stream.