What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No cronk.keary.bird.norman.

John moz

Juniors
We cant attract a no 7 next will be a coach .We are a sinking ship with mr Doust being the captain of that ship we are running out of time to plan for next year . The only thing we will attract is the wooden spoon next year.:thumbsdown:

Coffs dragon

Bench
Don't forget our Director of Pathways (Millward) says "we are moving forward " I think he's looking in a reverse mirror as we seem to be going backwards fast.

The Doc

Juniors
Cronk was never going to leave melbourne, keary and norman are no biggies imo, not being able to get bird back? That was an issue.
Its been well documented that end of 2017 is when alot of playmakers come off contract.
As for coach, there are a number available. Just depends on who will be the right fit to attract the marquee players for 2018 and also get the team we have going in an upright position.
Theres toovey, cleary, b.smith, and im sure a number more.
Heck, id even be happy with JD given the role in 2017, the guy has worked wonders with the cutters, had success at NQ as an assistant etc etc.
Either way, as long as mary is replaced we will be able to start moving in the right direction.
And im sure JD would bring up some juniors, who he knows will perform and would cost a third of other players out there.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Cronk was never going to leave melbourne, keary and norman are no biggies imo, not being able to get bird back? That was an issue.
Its been well documented that end of 2017 is when alot of playmakers come off contract.
As for coach, there are a number available. Just depends on who will be the right fit to attract the marquee players for 2018 and also get the team we have going in an upright position.
Theres toovey, cleary, b.smith, and im sure a number more.
Heck, id even be happy with JD given the role in 2017, the guy has worked wonders with the cutters, had success at NQ as an assistant etc etc.
Either way, as long as mary is replaced we will be able to start moving in the right direction.
And im sure JD would bring up some juniors, who he knows will perform and would cost a third of other players out there.

At this present time, there is no point dreaming of players whose careers are already on the up or have already reached the pinnacle of their careers. It's been further proven with the fact our announced signing have been juniors, and I'm including young Kerr in that group. With the pending announcement of Marketo for another year, our stocks are reliant on untired (but very promising) juniors and/or 2nd tier type players.
If Hutch is our half for next season, so be it, if Marketo is our #1 hooker, also so be it. It's just a true reflection of how far our great club has fallen. Once players saw the Big Red V as a zenith, now it's no more than a mole hill.

To fix this is not easy and will take time, time some of us feel is too long already, however, it has to happen. It starts with McGregor. IMO the team would improve exponentially by 50% from day 1. A new coach with the right game plan would be able to extract the best from all our players, and I mean ALL.

If Cleary is employed by the club, in what ever capacity, I feel this would create an atmosphere of something moving and moving in the right direction. If he comes as coaching director then McGregor's tenure would only last a short time, as it would force a resignation from him in a minimal period of time. If this occurs would Cleary step into the fulltime coaching role or would he look to someone like JD as a person who already knows the Dragons system and he could also mentor. To me this is the only option we have, unless McGregor survives, Cleary rumour is just that, rumour, and we are stuck with him for another season or dare I even mention another extension. Of course JD would be long gone then.

The Dragons hierarchy needs to bite the bullet now, otherwise the Dragons future look dim and we cannot place responsibility for our club solely on the shoulders of our juniors.

since77

Juniors
Idiotic original post. By your logic every club who didn't get those players is just as useless.
Yes we need a half, and management are dumb beyond belief, but throwing high profile players names around as if we have failed if we don't sign any of them is just as dumb.

blacksafake

First Grade
At this present time, there is no point dreaming of players whose careers are already on the up or have already reached the pinnacle of their careers. It's been further proven with the fact our announced signing have been juniors, and I'm including young Kerr in that group. With the pending announcement of Marketo for another year, our stocks are reliant on untired (but very promising) juniors and/or 2nd tier type players.
If Hutch is our half for next season, so be it, if Marketo is our #1 hooker, also so be it. It's just a true reflection of how far our great club has fallen. Once players saw the Big Red V as a zenith, now it's no more than a mole hill.

To fix this is not easy and will take time, time some of us feel is too long already, however, it has to happen. It starts with McGregor. IMO the team would improve exponentially by 50% from day 1. A new coach with the right game plan would be able to extract the best from all our players, and I mean ALL.

If Cleary is employed by the club, in what ever capacity, I feel this would create an atmosphere of something moving and moving in the right direction. If he comes as coaching director then McGregor's tenure would only last a short time, as it would force a resignation from him in a minimal period of time. If this occurs would Cleary step into the fulltime coaching role or would he look to someone like JD as a person who already knows the Dragons system and he could also mentor. To me this is the only option we have, unless McGregor survives, Cleary rumour is just that, rumour, and we are stuck with him for another season or dare I even mention another extension. Of course JD would be long gone then.

The Dragons hierarchy needs to bite the bullet now, otherwise the Dragons future look dim and we cannot place responsibility for our club solely on the shoulders of our juniors.
Well said Slayer.
The main issue is the coach, full stop. I'm sure i read where Cleary has stated his desire to coach & if so i dont know where rumours of him being coaching director started.If this is the case then he probably will not be interested unless there is a clause saying he takes over the coaching job when the club finally sees the light.Other than that i can see Hornby or Young taking over the reins in the same manner as Mary took over from Price & the caravan rolls on.