What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Hayne.......then what???

Kornstar

Coach
I though Burt did OK when Jarryd swapped to the wing for a breather. Some good kick returns. And our side was solid across the park with everyone contributing their own efforts. It was far from a one man Jarryd show for 80 mins, although he obviously has the talent and touches when he does get involved.

And when DA gave Jarryd a breather toward the end of the match, our shape also looked ok with Burt at the back, and Reddy and Inu combining well on well on the left hand side.

Smart move by the coach to give the team a go without Jarryd to see what they come up with. I think we went alright, and honestly would be more worried if we had to do without Moimoi (through injury or suspension) than if Jarryd is missing.

How many games did we win without Hayne during the games he was out during Origin, i am pretty sure MoiMoi was playing those games too. The Titans game we win for sure with Hayne, not to mention the Sharks game!

Last edited:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
How many games did we win without Hayne during the games he was out during Origin, i am pretty sure MoiMoi was playing those games too. The Titams game we win for sure with Hayne, not to mention the Sharks game!

he shoots he scores!

an lets not forget 2008 when i'm pretty sure Fui played the vast majority of games for us...and the vast majorty of games Burt was fullback.

oldmancraigy

Coach
As good as Hayne is, I think that the game changed when Moi Moi and Mannah went off. All of a sudden the Warriors were making good metres which allowed for Jones' bombs for Vatuvai at the end of their sets. In contrast Parra were making bugger all metres and having to kick long at the end of their sets. The sooner Cayless gets back the better.

Yes - CLEARLY one person cannot take on another 13, no matter how good they are.

But you are drunk, stupid and probably naked too if you think that Hayne is not the most important player in our ball club.

I don't even need to put an argument forward - just watch the football for goodness sake!

Without him we are struggle city in attack with a capital S. You can make all the meters you want, but without Hayne to cash in there's nothing doing.

He leads our club in try assists, and the ENTIRE LEAGUE in line breaks.

No Hayne, no semis.

lewiscook

Juniors
Bro I dissed you before but I agree with you, that IS the gayest thing I've ever heard too

Haha sweet as,
Dw this HJ bloke if ya read his stuff is so f**kedddd up!

"i wasnt in the cool group actually, i was a metal head"- bahahah gayest f**kin thing i ahve ever heard!!!

Eels Dude

Coach
Ok, sorry, I apologize from the deepest trenches of my heart, sorry man, Eels 4r\eva whooh!

How about instead of apologising go away and stop acting like a nuisance. You're clearly in this forum just trying to get a rise of people but it's not working, you're just coming across as a pathetic little schoolkid who likes getting kicks out of annoying people. You've failed badly because you make it so obvious that's what you're doing with your lame posts.

Grow a brain and do some research into how to stir people up because your current techniques make it damn obvious you're just an immature child.

parraeelz

Juniors
Actually I was respected in high school. I wasn't part of the "cool crowd" because I was a metalhead but I was known as being intelligent and hard working, and our "alternativeness" was accepted with respect by every other little clique.

Keep trying, boy.

hahaha
u really hav been a fkn nice person all ur life
was ur alternativeness takin multiple coks up ur ass

lewiscook

Juniors
hahaha

bahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
nah nah it was taking multiple c**ks up his stuff and deep throating his alternative metal head mates!
hahahah

fish eel

Immortal
hahaha

bahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
nah nah it was taking multiple c**ks up his stuff and deep throating his alternative metal head mates!
hahahah

Can you two clowns keep all that rubbish in the one thread? This thread *was* worthwhile to read.....

bartman

Immortal
How many games did we win without Hayne during the games he was out during Origin, i am pretty sure MoiMoi was playing those games too. The Titans game we win for sure with Hayne, not to mention the Sharks game!
I'm just talking about current form, and mostly last night's game. And who I think we need most against teams like the Tigers and Panthers in the weeks ahead. Despite the media/commentator hype, Hayne doesn't win games by himself... and Moimoi's contributions are still underrated in my opinion.

caylo

Bench
he shoots he scores!

an lets not forget 2008 when i'm pretty sure Fui played the vast majority of games for us...and the vast majorty of games Burt was fullback.

RJ no one is going to argue that Burt is a better fullback then Hayne but if we had Hayne, Inglus, Falou, Hodges and Tahu in the backline but no solid goforward you would sturggle to win games. Our pack is standing up and that allows Hayne and the others in the backline the luxtury of not having to cart the ball out themselves. A perfect example is Grothe who has scored 10 tries this year now and has scored 5 of them in the last 6 games and of his 6 line break 4 have been in the last 6 weeks but his meter gain has not increased markedly... what does this tell you? basiclly that instead of him having to run the ball from his own try line he is able to run it at a retreating backline outwide near the oppositions line.

It is no surprise that our team as a whole are on the improve, guys like Lowrie, Wright, Mannah, Inu, Burt and Keating are all playing better because the team is... very much a follow on effect and Hayne is part of that not the only reason. I would hope that we can keep players like Hayne, Fui, Mateo, Mortimer and KK to build the side and not end up like the knights with one maquarie player and a revolving door around every other position.

Suitman

Post Whore
Whatever.

I thought it might be a valid discussion, but then the children got involved.........
and then I lost interest tbh.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
Whatever.

I thought it might be a valid discussion, but then the children got involved.........
and then I lost interest tbh.

Suity

It was and still is. Hopefully when the mods come in they can remove some of those posts.

Personally, particuarly withouth Mateo, I think we'd struggle to score enough points on a regular basis to win games. With our improved defence, we'd probably have to look at winning matches through a good old fashioned was of attrition.

We've had the best of both worlds in the last month - rock solid defence and fantastic and exciting attack.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I mentioned to a couple of people last night that it's almost scary what sort of team we would be WITHOUT Hayne on the field.

It was at its most obvious last night that when he gets involved, we are as dangerous in attack as any team in the comp.
But for 20 minutes before half time, and ten minutes after, when he took himself out of the game, we looked a lot less potent. I know there are other factors involved, but it was as clear as any time this season, the effect Hayne has on a game.

Do we rely too much on him?
How would we cope, if he (god forbid, touch wood etc....) came down with an injury?

I have my reservations that we would currently be as clinically efficient without him.

Suity

Suity.... Do you have to jump ten feet across a room to grab your next breath of air??????

Of course not, you just breathe because everything provided for your breathing has already been taken care of............. just as DA, for whatever reason, is taking care of the winning Eels team without JH goes on and on and on and on and on.............

Life goes on just as breathing goes on just as the Eels winning goes on that's unless you don't like the winning image Suity preferring to worry about where your next breath of air is coming from.

Come on Suity........ Life Is For The Living....... Stop acting Dead

Boooooooooo Casper
icon7.gif

casper%201.jpg

Fee

Juniors
It was a valid discussion, maybe we should just let them go at it, children can get very distracted , they will get over it. Lets hope that is soon!:?