What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No "Time" for Beau Champion

The Preacher

First Grade
News just through from Ray Hadley, Beau Champion, the Rabbit thug from Saturday night was charged with a grade 1 careless tackle and has been punished 56 carry over points. No Suspension.
I don't know if anyone saw the tackle the same as me, but I thought it was an intentional elbow to the head.
No matches missed for premeditated foul play, good to see the NRL are cleaning up the game. BULLSIHT. :x

Paullyboy

Coach
You are kidding arent you?

That should have been a bloody try, it was a fair shoulder charge.

Ribs

Bench
I dont think it was deliberate at all but players need to be very careful when they put on a shoulder hit that the arm isnt cocked and going forward. A front on hit with the arms in that position, to me, is a dangerous technique and that showed why. Similar to what happened to Lincoln Withers when McDougall put a similar shot on him last year. The arms go up with the action and ends up being forearm elbow, especially if the player falls into it.....

I thought a week but the camera angles didnt give much indication.

The Preacher

First Grade
Paullyboy said:
You are kidding arent you?

I dont know how deformed you are, but if your shoulders are situated half way down your arms, I can understand what you are saying, but if you are of normal physical stature, PI$$ OFF you Galah, and get back to your "cold-hole capital" forum.

Southernsaint

Staff member
They’ve changed the rule, haven’t they??

I mean, “attacking the head of the opponent” is exactly that regardless of what you use to do it…

Paullyboy

Coach
Just because your bloke fell like an un-coordinated spaz you lot think it was so bad. It was nothing different to most good clean hits, just that your bloke couldnt take it.

And if you call that an elbow, I think you are the one who needs to check out the anatomy books Preacher.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Paullyboy said:
No you got that wrong, the rules are quite definite about high shots. Careless or deliberate, they are still high. Beau Champion was found out by the video ref and the try was correctly disallowed.
2006_highshot_greenshields_0.jpg

Paullyboy said:
Just because your bloke fell like an un-coordinated spaz you lot think it was so bad. It was nothing different to most good clean hits, just that your bloke couldnt take it.
Fell like a 'spaz' eh? You're a real class act paullyboy.

Acka

Coach
Paullyboy said:

And if you call that an elbow, I think you are the one who needs to check out the anatomy books Preacher.

Paullyboy if anyone is a spaz it's you

Ribs

Bench
What were your thoughts on the tackle put on Lincoln Withers by Adam McDougall Pullyboy?

God-King Dean

Immortal
I disagree with this post. & I think Willows picture is completely unfair as you can see it was taking just after the actual contact.

The Preacher

First Grade
Messiah said:
I disagree with this post. & I think Willows picture is completely unfair as you can see it was taking just after the actual contact.

That's correct Messiah, it doesn't show the initial contact, where Champion tried to knock his f**ken head off !! :evil:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The picture looks like Greeny was falling prior to the hit hence the elbow hitting him high. If he was standing up it would of got him on the chest IMO.

The Preacher

First Grade
Slippery Morris said:
The picture looks like Greeny was falling prior to the hit hence the elbow hitting him high. If he was standing up it would of got him on the chest IMO.

Slippers,

I think he is falling after being hit. For the Video Gods to make the desision they did, he had to have made contact with his head first up.
IMO it was a premeditate shot to the head, whether it be careless, reckless or brainless. For him to be put on report via video it was definately an illegal hit.:x

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Messiah said:
Greenshields fell into it. But that doesn't stop it being penalised.

As said, the rules on the football field don't discriminate between 'careless' and 'deliberate'. Once the video ref got involved, he only had to look at whether or contact was made with the head. And (this time) he got it right in saying no try.

And offcourse the judiciary uses gradings to consider the report and decide the levels of any further penalty, at least in theory.

Here's another angle:
2006_00_10greenshields.jpg

You only have to look at the angle of the head tilting back (and that he was knocked out) to know it was high.

It does look like an attempted big hit gone wrong.

freeridermx

Juniors
from that shot you can see it is the top of his upper arm not hes elbow . you can see how he has his elbow down bracing for the shoulder charge.

i think that what he got was fine it makes it look worse because the elbows come up after he has hit him but that is what happen with a shoulder charge and how sometimes they go very wrong eg clint newton but . i think champion`s was fine could of been very bad but .
greenshields is a tough little bastard love the way he plays hope he doesn`t get to many of those big hit but.