What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member

Gronk

Staff member
*language warning*

The banning thing wasn't real BTW. I live in Waverley Council and was sent the survey.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/no-inte...from-bondi-beach?cid=news:socialshare:twitter

In any event, as a local I can say that the flags are almost always at the northern end and surfers are always trying to squeeze into the gap between the flags and the northern rocks. Nobody other than the PC brigade would blink at this if boardriders were pushed to the southern end anyway.

Seriously the beach is 1km long. There is plenty of room for the groms.

DidWmC3W4AERGCE.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

I wouldn't think the groms are the issue, more like tourists learning on long boards, they can be dangerous on a crowded beach

I dont know Bondi that well but if thats where the surf is then why not move the f**king flags

Gronk

Staff member
I wouldn't think the groms are the issue, more like tourists learning on long boards, they can be dangerous on a crowded beach

I dont know Bondi that well but if thats where the surf is then why not move the f**king flags

Two surf clubs. Bondi in the middle of the beach and Nth Bondi at the top end. One rip in between the two surf clubs clubs and another at the south end. 10,000 merkins per day in the summer. Busy place.

hindy111

Post Whore
The banning thing wasn't real BTW. I live in Waverley Council and was sent the survey.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/no-inte...from-bondi-beach?cid=news:socialshare:twitter

In any event, as a local I can say that the flags are almost always at the northern end and surfers are always trying to squeeze into the gap between the flags and the northern rocks. Nobody other than the PC brigade would blink at this if boardriders were pushed to the southern end anyway.

DidWmC3W4AERGCE.jpg

You live in Bondi Gronk?
I cant stand the joint.

Gronk

Staff member
You live in Bondi Gronk?
I cant stand the joint.

No I live close to Bondi.

PS Locals only go to Bondi for a swim in the morning or down there to eat. Otherwise Tamarama or Bronte are a short walk away from the madness. Some very nice harbour beaches too.

nielsen-park-background-02.jpg

image.jpg

Eelogical

Referee
No I live close to Bondi.

PS Locals only go to Bondi for a swim in the morning or down there to eat. Otherwise Tamarama or Bronte are a short walk away from the madness. Some very nice harbour beaches too.

nielsen-park-background-02.jpg

image.jpg

These beaches aren't within Waverley Council's boundaries, so one could safely assume Gronk also habituates Lady Bay beach as it's along the same shoreline.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore

The other end of the beach has some vicious flash rip potential

Gronk

Staff member
These beaches aren't within Waverley Council's boundaries, so one could safely assume Gronk also habituates Lady Jane beach as it's along the same shoreline.

It's actually called Lady Bay and its a shit beach.

lady-bay-beach-01.jpg

ladyday.jpg

Lady_Bay%2C_Watsons_Bay%2C_New_South_Wales.jpg

Noise

Coach
Bondi is shit but it's mostly beginners that surf at North Bondi in the little gap between the flags and the rocks. I don't know how anyone surfs in that crowded hell hole - north or south bondi.

Bazal

Post Whore
Bondi is shit but it's mostly beginners that surf at North Bondi in the little gap between the flags and the rocks. I don't know how anyone surfs in that crowded hell hole - north or south.

To be fair most of Sydney's beaches are pretty shit. Not innately, just because of how many merkins are there making it shit for others.

Bondi isn't alone in that regard, although it's worse than many

Noise

Coach
To be fair most of Sydney's beaches are pretty shit. Not innately, just because of how many merkins are there making it shit for others.

Many beaches north of Dee Why you can surf by yourself most of the winter. And sometime even during the week in summer.

Eelogical

Referee

This sounds like it was plagiarised from 'Pou's Book Of Australian Beaches'.