What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North Queensland Fury

is this serious? ...

what a sh*t name

North Queensland Man With No Name would have been better

Eastwood.JPG
Man-with-No-Name-cropped.jpg

or the North Queensland Eastwoods

most appropriate would have been North Queensland Nutbag Rednecks

Knightmare

Coach
I can already envision the sports editors running with 'North Qld's Fury' whenever the team loses a game they should have won...

Honestly, what is it with the A- League and mediocre team names? The only decent ones so far have been Knights, Jets and Mariners.

that's like saying cow manure is better than chicken manure ... what's wrong with ... Atletico de la North Queenslandizao ? ...

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Better than Thunder I spose.

Logo is alright

00020621-image.jpg

Gay.

Looks like a hula skirt.

Also, see how the "fury" dwarves the "FC. These "marketing" people clearly have nfi on how to market a football club, to football fans.

North Queensland We Don't Like Your Kind's would have been much better.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Team names that can't be pluralised are always gay.

Fury, Victory, Glory, Roar, Phoenix, Storm, Blaze, Spirit, Fleet, Heat etc.

adamkungl

Immortal
Team names that can't be pluralised are always gay.

Fury, Victory, Glory, Roar, Phoenix, Storm, Blaze, Spirit, Fleet, Heat etc.

When did sport start moving away from animal mascots. All of those are terrible. I never liked Titans either, always thought they should have went with Stingrays

thats f**ked.

they stole green. canberra would have gone green..if they get a team.

i hope they get a team...

anyway. sh*te logo, sh*te name.

Knightmare

Coach
I reckon a new A-League team should borrow from Hull, call themselves the Tigers and wear orange and black vertical stripes. That'd be kick-arse.

beave

Coach
who gives a f#$k about soccer up here though, it has a big following in the junior age group, but other than that, i can assure you league is the number 1 sport up here, the team wont last 5 years. Gay name as well, same with the logo.....

RedVGooner

Juniors
who gives a f#$k about soccer up here though, it has a big following in the junior age group, but other than that, i can assure you league is the number 1 sport up here, the team wont last 5 years. Gay name as well, same with the logo.....

the FFA are just trying to make the game bigger here and we need more teams, the A-league is only a few years old and they are not competing with league or any other codes, they are just trying to make the game bigger.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The Crocs have always been popular up here in the winter.

And the NBL sucks big time, especially now. So ive no doubt that the Fury will do well up here.

The club has already been pro-active in organising a supporters groups which will get free seasons tickets, sit together and get an atmosphere going.

Im looking forward to it.