What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sold on the Bulldogs yet.....

Fat Krion

Juniors
From the outset, this is not a Dog hate thread. Just putting in my 2cts worth

Although the Dogs are a gritty team who have done extremely well this season I don't believe they are good enough to win the comp.

Their backline only has one player that would get a start at Manly or The Roosters and that is Josh Morris.

While the Forward pack is slow and lacks the brutality that the great dogs packs of the past had.

T Rex is 600k of prime beef ready for the slaughter house and offers little in attack or defence.

While Ennis although better this year is still too slow and one dimensional, more like a hooker from the 80's than today.

In summary a solid team but lacks the necessary class to go all the way.

Mr Saab

Referee
This team went to a GF with Kris Keating...surely (yes mark braybrook) they can contend for top 4 / GF again with arguably a better team than the 2012 team

Canard

Immortal
I find it really hard to make a judgement call without Pip's input.

Gonzo on the other hand is a f**kwit.

Peter_phelps

Juniors
Their defence is winning them games. Last year that defensive side of Perrett and Inu was terrible.
I live in a house full of dogs fans, so I guess I have learnt to tolerate them if anything lol.

Morris, Lafai and Hodkinson are doing well for them from their backline, Reynolds tends to get carried away too much, and it usually results in him doing something stupid. Needs to improve his composure, otherwise it will cost them further down the track.

Despite them not been a stand out footy side, let's be honest nobody has been so far this season. Every team has looked patchy at stages, getting rid of Barba was a smart move by them. Their team seems more closer, and James Graham is their actually leader, despite Ennis having the title of Captain.
It doesn't look like they are going to be affected much by origin either, can only see Morris and maybe Reynolds getting picked. They are fortunate they play the Roosters, Eels and Manly during then as well.

Rocco

Juniors
Hey Krion/Gonzo/Pip, no one gives a crap who you are sold on

He was stating his opinion and fair assessment of your team or do you Canterbury dickheads have to attack anyone who posts anything that is against your club?

Cammo

Bench
He was stating his opinion and fair assessment of your team or do you Canterbury dickheads have to attack anyone who posts anything that is against your club?

Not anyone, just idiots who have an unhealthy obsession with a club they don't even support

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Fat Krion is probably right.. What I find funny is that some in the media are already writing off the Roosters and talking up the Dogs. However whilst playing at about 60% capacity the Roosters probably only lost to the Dogs because of a brain explosion in giving up an easy 2 points for a penalty and instead taking a quick tap late in the game that gave the Dogs the opportunity for a field goal.

chrisD

Coach
Someone needs to tell these merkins they're basically the same team as 2012 but without Barba there to pull 18 points out his ass for them, and they have no right to be going this good. Or maybe someone has and their answer was that's ok we'll just have to keep teams to about 10 points every week.

Eddie.

Bench
They keep grinding out wins. Consistent in effort and performance. Makes them premiership favouritesd for mine. Early days but you can't argue against winning form. I don't think it is like the Titans fluking wins and everyone knowing they will fall off. The Dogs have gone over to NZ twice, beast Souths and Easts in a grind. I think they are the real deal.