What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notes from Buzz's column today

SHOOSH

Which former Kangaroos and Origin star has been approached by Bulldogs director Chris Anderson to join the Canterbury coaching staff next season to try to lift under-performing players.

SHOOSH

Which Manly Sea Eagles star will walk out on the club at the end of the season in protest to the treatment of discarded half-back Jackson Hastings.

BIRD REUNITES WITH SHIRE MATES

JACK Bird was spotted back at Cronulla with his old Sharks teammates last week and looking the happiest he has been for months.

We were sent these photos of the Broncos centre enjoying a catch-up and a coffee with Val Holmes, Wade Graham, James Segeyaro and Beau Ryan in the Cronulla mall.

Nothing like the lonely and forlorn figure we’ve so often seen in the Brisbane media this season.

After a wretched year battling injuries at the Broncos, it immediately led to speculation of a possible return to the Shire where he won the premiership in 2016.

Not so according to coach Shane Flanagan and the player himself.

7c2adabcc5852472ac4a0c613591155d

Bird was in town for a wedding. Picture: supplied
“I was in Sydney for a wedding so I caught up with Val (Holmes) after Origin,” Bird said. “Then Wade, Chicko and Beau Ryan turned up and we had a coffee. It’s always good to be with old mates.

“People say I’m not happy in Brisbane but who would be after the injuries I’ve had this year.

“Cronulla is close to home and I do miss Sydney. It was great to catch up with the boys.”

Although rumours would suggest otherwise, Bird insists he will stick with the Broncos next year.

He quit the Sharks at the end of last season to sign an $800,000-a-year deal at Brisbane.

“I’m going through a rough patch but I’ll get through,” he said.

“I’ve got a contract up here and they’re a good bunch of boys.

“I’ve just got to jump the next hurdle and get back to playing some football towards the end of this year or next year.”

carcharias

Immortal
Why the f**k would any player give that cum stain the time of day.
I’m talking about rothfield.

Card Shark

Immortal
There is a great read on Facebook from Flanno talking about Woods’’ Recruitment & junior development.

Find that 1 & post it mate. A great read & much better than the insignificant crap that comes out of Rothfield’s mouth.

jc155776

Coach
Rothfield is a cancerous piece of shit. Dumb as f**k and just another crooked news Journo. Buy him some beers and he’ll say whatever you want him too.

chewsta

First Grade
Does anybody else find it a tad creepy that a violently blushing 70 something year old man is stalking teenage to early twent year old boys and fan girling over their every move?

shadowboxer

First Grade
I remember a Saturday night a few years back he wandered into the sportsmans bar upstairs in the cub for a beer after a win - the crowd turned on the babble head calling him everything under the sun. I was in a bit of shock as most fans can be somewhat casual about journos in public, but he copped it hard. Didn't even finish his beer before he left, which had to be a first

chewsta

First Grade
Surprised he is allowed anywhere near the club after the shit he has piled on it over the years.

Ads

First Grade
Rothfield is very close to Flanno regardless of what we think of him.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Can't cop him, don't watch NRL360 because of him. Past articles against the club have faded somewhat but I just don't like his take on the game in general. 90% of the fans in here would be better than him at analysing the game. He focusses on the most ridiculous things that are mildly relevant and still doesn't have a clue.

Seems to be Johnny on the spot when it's a personal issue though, the merkin.

Does anybody else find it a tad creepy that a violently blushing 70 something year old man is stalking teenage to early twent year old boys and fan girling over their every move?
He was sitting with an older teen boy at a game a few years back, about the time he was really laying the boot into the club.
Anyway there was a lot of negative energy being surged towards him. I couldn't help myself, I walked up to him and asked him point blank if this was his new toy-boy. They both looked at each other bemused and started bursting out with laughter.
Massive failure on my behalf, I was after shock and uncomfortable, not giggles, googly eyes and happiness....

Card Shark

Immortal
I actually have my own story about the junior development.

Was down there in early feb to watch cricket @ SCG for my son’s birthday. Called into Sharks as first stop.

A group of young blokes probably about 16 had just finished a camp or something.

Their families had come to pick them up. Flanno was there too.

I just felt a good vibe about it with the boys, families & the club.

We are the new family club & that’s why I think Woods will shine!