What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now Theres a Name

Foz

Bench
Was about to have a bet in New Zealand race 6 when I came across the name of the jockey on horse 6.
L.Dittman.
Thought for a minute the great man was making a comeback until I saw he was a 4 kilo apprentice. (surely its not him and he has to do his apprenticeship again).
I know they make the horses change names maybe they should change the jockeys name.:)

Nuffs

Bench
i think i read somewhere last week that it's the nephew

i can't remember where i read the story though

Foz

Bench
Might be right Nuffs.
Heard Andrew Bensley mention somebodys nephew was riding the other day.
Didnt catch the name just heard the tail end of it.
The horse ran 4th(was in a photo for 3rd).
Only had the 1 ride.

Nuffs

Bench
http://www.racingandsports.com.au/racing/RSNewsArt.asp?NID=102857

Luke Dittman, son of retired champion Australian jockey Mick Dittman, had a best placing of fourth in his first day's riding.

Dittman, 15, had two mounts at Te Aroha and the fourth placing came at his first ride with his other finishing sixth.

Dittman is apprenticed to the training partnership of Alan Jones and Brett McDonald at Cambridge and the rider's father was on hand for the meeting.

The fourth placing came aboard Tosto, trained by Lance O'Sullivan and Andrew Scott, and it was an eye-catching run with the horse being slow at the start and running home strongly.

Dittman's sixth placing was on Harmony Em who is trained by Jones and McDonald. Harmony Em reached the lead soon after the start, led into the straight but weakened over the concluding stages.

The youngster decided to begin his career in New Zealand to escape the kind of publicity that surrounded the riding debut of Darren Beadman's son Mitchell in May last year.

Mitchell, who is indentured to John Hawkes, won at his first ride at Goulburn and has now ridden more than 30 winners on the NSW provincial circuit.

Foz

Bench
Thanks Nuffs.
Son!
Long way to go for his first rides.
Thought he lived up near the Gold Coast.
Only the first one was on the NSW Tab.
I'll be watching him in NZ over the next few weeks.

Foz

Bench
Luke Dittman got a winner at the Sunshine Coast today.
The caller thinks it was his first TAB covered winner.
Think he said he had ridden a winner or two at a non Tab's track.
Paid about $7.00.
Might get more rides now.

Latest posts