What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 360 + other footy shows

King-Gutho94

Coach
Their club has the next longest premiership drought than us, surprised??? I think not.
Ricky will be the first coach to be at a professional sporting side for 20 years straight and not win a thing.

He is not the worst coach but FMD he isnt in the top 4 or 5 either like he gets talked about by his News Corp buddies.

He has coached 500 games and only has a winning% a tick over 50.

If a coach has survived 500 games they should be at closer to 55% or over winning% then just scraping past 50%.

I wonder if he wasnt such a great player would he have as much as leeway.

JokerEel

Coach
Ricky will be the first coach to be at a professional sporting side for 20 years straight and not win a thing.

He is not the worst coach but FMD he isnt in the top 4 or 5 either like he gets talked about by his News Corp buddies.

If a coach has survived 500 games they should be at closer to 55% or over winning% then just scraping past 50%.

I think some clubs are happy to be a mid table team that sometimes cracks the top 4 but never really a chance of a premiership. Thats why Ricky has stuck around instead of chopping and changing coaches.

Chipmunk

Coach

The Raiders are in a completely different position than most NRL clubs.

Due to a lot of factors, they are the quintessential example of a perennial mid-table club, who aren't expected to challenge for an NRL Premiership anytime in the next decade or more.

I'd say a finish anywhere from 6th to 12th for them is where they expect to finish every season, and if they're in that band somewhere then nothing will change. And to be quite frank, nor should it.

To be honest I think their squad has over achieved the last 12 months. If you compare their Best 17 to ours, we should be well above them on the ladder.

If the Raiders make the Top 8 again this year that will be a good achievement.

King-Gutho94

Coach
What about dipstick Latrell taking Braith out the front of a restrauant not happy with the criticism he is copping haha.

Thats bloody hilarious.

Hey Latrell grow a set get that chip off your shoulder and focus on playing footy instead of worrying about outside noise every single time someone says a bad word about you.

TheParraboy

Staff member
According to buzz, decision to sack BA was May 1, but happened today

Last 2-3 weeks we been talking to Bennett

Wow !!! Can we still snare the supercoach???

TheParraboy

Staff member
Tallis reckons Bennett coming to Parra, its his club. He has already done Souths..

I guess we will know next day or two?

the phantom menace

First Grade
According to buzz, decision to sack BA was May 1, but happened today

Last 2-3 weeks we been talking to Bennett

Wow !!! Can we still snare the supercoach???
Haven't both our Chairman and Bennett both given media interviews/quotes (and again in the past 24 hours) indicating Bennett is a done deal at Souths?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Brent Read spoke very well tonight.
Richie was an idiot.
Read reckons our chances of retaining Talagi have increased with BA now gone. Smirk on his face playing cards close to his chest re Talagis concerns over BAs coaching.
Very interesting.
Bulldog Ritchie is a Fitzy/Hadley man.

Any chance to lay the boot into the club he would do it.

I think overall the club has done this the right way no one knew until they told BA yesterday it was time even though the decision was made 3 weeks ago.

We come out of this looking a better club then what we did back in 2010s & 2012s when we sacking coaches for fun and it basically being drip fed in the media for weeks on end.

Even Ricky's departure was a PR driven for a month to soften the blow by camp Ricky.

Latest posts