What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL - 36th Best player for 2017

Glendale

Juniors
Too late Glenny Boy

Just where would this imposter rate within our own club this season?

'Excelled in a sruggling team'

A load of crap.

- He won our player of the year in 2016.

I wasn't on the voting panel so don't shoot me down for it.

Glendale

Juniors
Now here's a bloke that has 'excelled in a struggling team'.

Who's the f**k stick that wrote the shit article and doesn't watch out games????

Brown offered Dane a healthy deal to stay. Does Browny not watch our games?

You don't rate him, others do. Get over it, move on.

Spot On

Coach
Brown offered Dane a healthy deal to stay. Does Browny not watch our games?

You don't rate him, others do. Get over it, move on.

What was the offer? He was already on a 'healthy' deal. You rate him on what you've seen for us??? BS.

If he's been so damn good and can't be replaced then Brown ups the offer doesn't he??? Fact was he didn't.

No, not moving on.

How about you nick off? You get offended or upset or sick of it then simply don't enter the thread.

A couple of you blokes whine others posts you get 'tired of'. Simply pack ya bags and camp over at Marathon for a while.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
- He won our player of the year in 2016.

I wasn't on the voting panel so don't shoot me down for it.

We won the spoon with a heap of kids that had never played grade.

Are you for real.

Wake up Glenny Boy. Are you seriously suggesting Gagai has been good for us????

Are you iqaz?

What is it that you rate about him when playing for the Knights. Specifically what is it that he does so well?? Please, I'd love to know.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Or instead of throwing a piss weak jab, take a few seconds to write down the reasons why you rate Dane's performances for the Knights.

Pretty easy.

A few keep throwing dirt but have no real substance when challenged.

Let's go. Outline all the things Dane does every week for us that stands him apart from the other squad members.

Glendale

Juniors
No. No one has argued the case for Dane being the 36th best player in the NRL nor has anyone argued he's our best player. I'm just sick of the whining, he's leaving the club so I couldn't care less. But I acknowledge your post, I'll leave the thread, you can stay here and whinge if you want.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I try to live by the philosophy of not worrying about things outside my (or in this instance the clubs) control. If he's been dealt with, then he's been dealt with and I move on. Whilst the club is backing him, I have a problem... But I think even you will admit that since Brown dropped him, even since he's been back, I have backed off on him yes. We haven't even sacked him yet. I'm now convinced that the club can see he isn't our future, that's enough for me.

So yeah, I absolutely assert that I would stop bagging him, because I already have.

So the only thing left with Dane is whether he's in our current best 17 at the moment. It's obvious that he is, and that the kids that would replace him are not ready yet, so there is literally nothing left to complain about... At least to my mind. Clearly I'm in the minority on this issue and have been all year. That's fine, but I would say that none of you that bag him have anything new or interesting to say.

I agree. He gets bagged for the defence and deserves it. But he does a lot of good on the field and the young blokes seem to like playing with him.

Pedge1971

First Grade
No. No one has argued the case for Dane being the 36th best player in the NRL nor has anyone argued he's our best player. I'm just sick of the whining, he's leaving the club so I couldn't care less. But I acknowledge your post, I'll leave the thread, you can stay here and whinge if you want.

Def not 36th best.

Spot On

Coach

Or you could simply post the positives in his play that he brings to the Knights every week???

Why is this such a big ask?

Glendale

Juniors
Or you could simply post the positives in his play that he brings to the Knights every week???

Why is this such a big ask?

Nope. No one cares mate. Not gonna get in a debate with you about his football ability because we know where you stand. He's leaving the club, you're flogging a dead horse. 2 games left in his Knights career, lets hope he finishes on a high.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Haha ok I'm with pervy on this one now

Your levels of saltiness regarding Dane are off the charts Spotto. Be careful your arteries don't harden

Apey

Staff member
Gagai is our best attacking player when he's not running backwards/sideways/taking useless hitups, so pretty much when he is given some space to work with, which generally gets plenty of in the QLD team.

Defensively he is probably our worst. Never been convinced his offensive prowess has made up for the tripe he dishes up in defence.

Spot On

Coach
Salt and dead horses. You sound defeated or devoid of opinion on the matter.

You blokes need only type a few words that support your view on Dane. But can't?

You''ll whinge, moan, ridicule and criticse those who put forward their view but refuse to put up your own.

Why cant you let us know what it is Dane brings to this team that we will miss? Where do you stand?

May as well stay out of the thread Glen and CC. It's about Dane but you've nothing to write in support him.

Apey and Fred can support their views. Why cant you? C'mon, add a little sugar to the thread and start whipping a live one!!!!!

At least iqaz came up with something.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Whilst Gagai has always been inept at defense, his attack had improved over the last few weeks. He's actually playing more like the QLD version, as he's running onto the ball harder and he's doing things with more intensity. For most of this year he's appeared to be going through the motions somewhat in comparison. Another area that he has improved on from previous years is that he doesn't get carried backwards in the tackle like he used to.

There is no way he is worth the 700K plus that souths are paying. I'd say that he may well be a 500K winger, a 300K fullback or a 200K centre. His defense is simply too bad to earn decent coin.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
When the rumours first started to surface that he could leave I was pretty disappointed that we hadn't done more to keep him. A few months on from that now and I'm fine with it. We're bringing in Moga on half the coin and I really don't see what we'll lose. To be honest just having someone who can make a tackle out there on that right edge of ours will make a massive difference to our number of wins next year.

If Dane was willing to take a pay cut and play on the wing then I would have been happy to keep him but it seems like he's decided he's a Centre at club level and given his status as an origin player he was always going to command big dollars.

I don't think it should diminish how we see him as a person though, he seems like a nice bloke and I do believe that he loves the club and he did stick around through the worst of it when a bunch of other guys didn't. Part of me will still be happy to see him playing rep footy and going well. The part of me that's a NSW supporter probably won't though haha.