What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL affiliations

Kingytek

Juniors
Can someone help me out

I have these

Toowoomba - Broncos
Norths - Melb Storm
Young Guns - NQ Cowboys
Redcliffe - Roosters
Wynnum - Sea Eagles
Souths Logan - Canberra
Burleigh - Bulldogs
Tweed - Eels
Easts - Penrith

Are these clubs with anyone?
Central - ????
Ipswich - ????

yankeeboy

Juniors
Brothers Diehards were affiliated with St George Illawarra.

Western Suburbs has an affiliation with the Broncos (tho they're no longer in the QLD cup).

The Gold Coast wants to have 3 feeders: Burleigh, Tweed Heads, and Ipswich.

The Partisan

I think he means Wests Panthers (Bne) affiliated with the Broncos. Mud is apparently dedicating a whole chapter about this great union in his upcoming RL writing masterpiece !!! Could be a future ' One Brisbane, One Book' candidate !

ozbash

Referee
None of these affiliations are worth a pinch of sh*t.

very true, the warriors dont see many young qlders (webbs a kiwi now) but qld sees plenty of young potential warriors.

something is not quite right here.

Stewbum said:
None of these affiliations are worth a pinch of sh*t.
You can rule the Young Guns, Toowoomba and Norths out of your generalization. Their respective NRL teams get about half their squad from them.

Sydney Carton

Juniors
They aren't affiliations. They are reserve grade teams to the NRL clubs. If the Broncos and Storm pull out of Toowomba and Norths, both clubs fold.

The affiliations on the other hand are all one way traffic.

oxenham

Juniors
I have answered this scenario before.....from my information,Norths are now very financial and capable of standing on their own,although there would be ramifications......saying they will fold does not reflect the facts.

Sydney Carton

Juniors
Ok, I'll defer to you there Oxenham. When the Storm first took over that was my understanding though. Plenty of talk about Toowoomba going under if the Donkeys pull out though.

Back when Melbourne got involved with North Sydney there was some concern though I thought?

from memory, wests were associated with penrith when they were still in the qld cup, but are now a broncos feeder club, feeding to Toowoomba.

Hopefully one day soon someone will decide that Wests need to do whatever it takes to get back in the qld cup.

at least thats what i hope.... :D

Kiwi

First Grade
Is it true that the Dolphins have dumped the Roosters and now are with the Broncos along with Toowoomba?

Kiwi

First Grade
also haven't Burliegh now aligned themselves with the Titans along with another QRL club?

Kiwi said:
also haven't Burliegh now aligned themselves with the Titans along with another QRL club?
The original post was before Titans announced their QRL affiliations. They now have Tweed Heads, Burleigh and Ipswich.

Kiwi

First Grade
also any truth to the rumours about Easts and Wynnum looking at jumping into bed with the Broncos aswell?

mightybears

Bench
feel a shake up at red hill coming and that may mean another avenue from qld cup than the 'dales for the scabs.

generally the broncs fear a titan campaign in brisbane in 06 to get the 'anyone but the broncs' types on board, so a link with a brisbane team would not suprise/even if for pr marketing reasons alone.

smith is of easts and they are professionally run, but some easts people would prefer to eat razors than get in bed with red hill, so who knows?

Latest posts