What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL.com - 6pm match why the fuss?

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
http://www.nrl.com/the-6pm-game-why-the-fuss/tabid/10874/newsid/102759/default.aspx

Why the fuss? cause we love the game and actually part with our hard earned cash to watch and support a club and game that over the years has done little to deserve our support.

"I can't get to the game in time to watch a 6pm game"

"There will be people in this situation too. If you've got a long commute why not pick up the NRL Digital Pass and watch the first half on the bus or train to soak up your commute?"

- as I f#%kin drive on parramatta road?

Failing that, record the game on Foxtel IQ (it is a Fox-only game after all) or even DVD-R or VHS and watch it later on. We did have delayed games on Friday nights for years.

- VHS, are you taking the piss?
- watch it later on? After the other match??? Back to square one pal, so it's a midnight finish again on a Friday.
- if that's the case why not play another match on Sunday afternoon?

"I can't get to the ground by 6pm on a Friday"

If you work in the Sydney CBD then getting to Moore Park by 6pm is no issue if you're out anywhere close to 5pm.

- I' ll take you on that one, you would be very lucky mate in peak hour.

How bad can it be?

What's the worst case scenario? Say the crowds for the 11 games that start at 6pm local time, and ratings for the 16 games that start at 6pm Eastern time, are terrible? If so the fixture would most likely be reconsidered for the following year. No club other than the Roosters (who get two) gets more than one 6pm kick-off for a home game.

- I dont reckon the NRL will consider the following year. Usually the game has to be beaten black and blue until they admit a mistake, take Monday night football and extra time time matches as my two TV related examples.

Where did they find this guy?

Last edited:

Latest posts