What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL convert Israel Folau appears set to retire from Greater Western Sydney

roarr

Juniors
I wonder if all that aerobic training he was doing to be afl-ready is going to have any benefits for his return. I reckon GWS probably have a better sports science department than most NRL teams so will be interesting to see how he is handled.

I really hope he signs for any of the western sydney clubs and they market him well. Would be hilarious.

Evenflow

Bench
would boost our backline though very nicely. Won't make the 8 but i don't think we will get the spoon, 2014 looks better for us

Without doubt he'll boost your backline as he would many other teams backlines. Though Parra's problems aren't just restricted to the backline and have many weaknesses aside from that.

Your main problem is clearly in the halves and if Sandow and co churn out their brand of crap they produced this year the Eels will still be fighting it out for the spoon, with or without Izzy. Especially without a bloke like Hindy putting a rocket up their lazy arses and leading by example.

Sugar

Bench
Breaking his AFL contract to play ?? Netball,Darts whatever
Did he get out of his Storm contract early to go to Brissy then break his Bne contract to play AFL ?

Just curious to know, if he hasn't seen out a contract he has issues

CC_Roosters

First Grade
So has it all got too hard for folau or has it dawned on him he was used as a pr exercise. Epic fail by the gws anonymous giants.

Dont want to see him back and certainly dont want him to get a cent from the games new found riches. bugger off folau

Parra Pride

Coach
Did he get out of his Storm contract early to go to Brissy then break his Bne contract to play AFL ?

He didn't break his Broncos contract, he signed on for two years with an option for a further two in his favour, he obviously didn't take that option. If I recall correctly he left when his contract expired in Melbourne too. And really, who can blame him for wanting out of AFL?

Why do people not want to see him back in the NRL ?...he crossed codes, saw it was crap and is coming back possibly to a sport that he was excelling in...no brainer really.

It will add more depth to the NRL next year and being some interest back to a team like Parra who need something to get them going again.

LESStar58

Referee

Nah. His contract was up at the end of 2008 at Melbourne.

Diesel

Referee
Most leaguies that go to RU or AFL end up back where they came from. The only ones that haven't returned that I can think of are Berrick Banes (ex-Broncs), Quade Cooper (never played at NRL level) or K.Hunt. I'm sure there's more but most come back. Lote, Mat Rogers, Izzy, and perhaps SBW

natheel

Coach
Anyone seen the Members Announcement on the Eels website about him? Making themselves sound desperate IMO

How is that sounding desperate? Getting close to the fans to try and show him we want him at our club? I think it's a good thing. Shows Israel that we want him at the club nothing wrong with that

natheel

Coach
Most leaguies that go to RU or AFL end up back where they came from. The only ones that haven't returned that I can think of are Berrick Banes (ex-Broncs), Quade Cooper (never played at NRL level) or K.Hunt. I'm sure there's more but most come back. Lote, Mat Rogers, Izzy, and perhaps SBW

Came back where they came from in what way? The sport itself? Area? Or team?

docbrown

Coach
"Hey Polynesian kids! You can make it in the AFL too! Just like Superstar Isra... ahhhh.... hmmmmm... maybe not..."