What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Digital Network Launched - NRL.com

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Same as I found with Ch7 and Ch9.

Niien wants a log in. Seven does not.

I have no less than 15 google accounts, depending on what I want.

Niiine, hello hilter has an account called "f**k Off", seriously, f**k off, 1 Butt street, Shyteville.

CH7 does not. hey just have an IP, hidden behind many firewall, they will excel, Niiine will fail.

Maybe not kids are stupid.

But anything Telstra will lag, buffer and be shyte.

Google can track all 15, but could never find me. Never target ads for me, Not the point.

DlEHARD

Juniors
Was just looking at the club profiles and they list the Titans as being founded in 1999. Come on. The brand wasn't even launched until mid 2005. And that makes many of the founding dates of other clubs just pure bullshit. They should just go with a standard year of when they entered the competition.

Danish

Referee
Dunno, you're right, it shouldn't. Maybe they're still working out the kinks?

There is a feedback button, ask them.

Oh I did that. It has nowhere to put in your contact details though so it’s probably just shouting into a void

thorson1987

Coach
Apparently Melbourne only have 2 premierships and 2 minor premierships.

They could at least get the stats right.

_snafu_

Immortal
Was very slow and then just gave an error message anyway. Maybe it's just a Chrome thing. Will try Netscape Navigator later. Should have done a deal like the NFL with Google/Youtube for instant live video highlights and scores (instead of flagging videos for takedown from the most popular platform in the world)

I can’t seem to access the site on my Commodore 64.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Apparently Melbourne only have 2 premierships and 2 minor premierships.

They could at least get the stats right.
I have some terrible news for you...

Edit: hard to keep up with the storm stats,what with all the giving and taking.

Last edited:
I saw it last night. I'm on a very good Broadband, non-NBN cable and it was as slow as hell to load. It literally took 5 minutes to load the first page I clicked on after the home page, any others it took 2-3 minutes of churning before I got an error message. That alone makes it manure.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I saw it last night. I'm on a very good Broadband, non-NBN cable and it was as slow as hell to load. It literally took 5 minutes to load the first page I clicked on after the home page, any others it took 2-3 minutes of churning before I got an error message. That alone makes it manure.
Far be it from me to defend them but I imagine they were testing most of last night before properly launching this morning. It loads fine now.

Far be it from me to defend them but I imagine they were testing most of last night before properly launching this morning. It loads fine now.

Well then their testing isn't very good. I just tried it again and it loads fine, but I went to my club's website and read an article published today, the "related" article on the page had one for an interview with our former CEO from 2015, and injury report from February 2017, and a Match Report for Round 25 2015. That is just shoddy design as how is stuff that old related to an announcement for a trial game in February 2018?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well then their testing isn't very good. I just tried it again and it loads fine, but I went to my club's website and read an article published today, the "related" article on the page had one for an interview with our former CEO from 2015, and injury report from February 2017, and a Match Report for Round 25 2015. That is just shoddy design as how is stuff that old related to an announcement for a trial game in February 2018?
"my club's website" you could just say Roosters and link to this https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2017/12/13/roosters-to-host-sea-eagles-in-final-trial/ so everyone actually knows what you're referring too... but I digress

Each of the articles appears fairly obviously relevant regardless of age - they're about either SYD/MAN matches or the same trial in previous years.

Over time I imagine that would become more recent depending on content.

Either way, expecting perfection on day one is a bit silly.

adamkungl

Immortal
The National Rugby League's new $120 million digital business will not cannibalise the audiences of existing media organisations, the NRL's digital boss insists.

Ie. they will deliberately cripple any streaming service to be borderline unuseable as they do now so they don't tread on Foxtel's toes.

As for the website being buggy - there's a reason they launched in the middle of the offseason guys. It's gonna be a work in progress for a while.
If it's still a shitshow come March, then by all means blow up.

no name

Coach
Needed a soft launch so all the f**k ups could be pointed out, then announce it in the media.

Will probably still be shit when they sort the kinks out anyway

Jankuloski

Juniors
Accessing from Serbia it loaded crazy fast. I actually gave up on NRL.com links because the old website would take forever.

I work in digital marketing. The system they are describing is what all smart publishers strive for now, and the fact that they think of themselves as a publisher is actually quite forward thinking.

axl rose

Bench
Well then their testing isn't very good. Match Report for Round 25 2015. T

Ha was wondering about the Tigers recruit who looks like a young Robbie Farah. Video was from 2014 pre-season training on the front page. Robbie still might make a guest appearance in the 2018 Tigers calendar though.