What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL dreamteam

hardbaby

Coach
Players are too cheap. I have a very pimped side and it's only Round 1. By the finals everybody will have damn near the same team. Supercoach will be a far better product this year.

_Johnsy

Referee
Biggest issue I find is how much $$ to leave in the bank @ start of the year. Cash cows can be a bit of a gamble.

mxlegend99

Referee
My team so far:

1. Ben Barba
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Will Hopoate
5. Josh Mansour
6. Jamie Soward
7. Johnathon Thurston
8. Tim Grant
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Sam Burgess
11. Sonny Bill Williams
12. Jason Taumalolo
13. Corey Parker (vc)

14. Nathan Peats
15. Glenn Stewart
16. Konrad Hurrell
17. Kevin Naiqama

A few there partly due to looking like they will increase in price and allowing me to have stronger guys around them. Along with a heap of players I think will be cash cows. Some guys seem severely overpriced, while others look ridiculously cheap. The amount of players with a few games experience and $200k+ prices is just crazy, and they're mixed in with blokes who are proven performers.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yep. Glenn Stewart is too cheap to pass up. Perfect player to compliment the overs spent on Parker IMO. Plus there's s lot of bottom priced players who should go up. willie Tonga is only $107k, should be a cash cow if he stays fit IMO. Also thought Kurt Baptiste and Luke keary were good $107k investments too

Ausguy

Coach
I was going to share my awesome easy to use excel sheet that makes picking your team much easier than using the website BUT the file size is bigger than what LU allow.

If anyone wants it let me know via PM and I will email it to you.

:lol:

Ausguy

Coach
My team so far:

1. Ben Barba
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Will Hopoate
5. Josh Mansour
6. Jamie Soward
7. Johnathon Thurston
8. Tim Grant
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Sam Burgess
11. Sonny Bill Williams
12. Jason Taumalolo
13. Corey Parker (vc)

14. Nathan Peats
15. Glenn Stewart
16. Konrad Hurrell
17. Kevin Naiqama

A few there partly due to looking like they will increase in price and allowing me to have stronger guys around them. Along with a heap of players I think will be cash cows. Some guys seem severely overpriced, while others look ridiculously cheap. The amount of players with a few games experience and $200k+ prices is just crazy, and they're mixed in with blokes who are proven performers.

HI MX

That team looks ok, but you have only got $1,036,000 left in your cap, with 8 players still to select. That's only $129K per player. Looking at the player list prices you will have to chose some players who wont even play first grade. That's not ideal.

I think you have gone too hard too early. Of course that's just my opinion. :lol:

mxlegend99

Referee
Ive got $3k left over after the likes of Rose, Keary, baptiste, austin and a couple others i cant think of. Went hard on my starting 13, and focused the rest on cash cows or guys i think could be good value longterm. But until i see round 1 teamlists, theres probably 10+ trades a week in tinkering. Lol

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
One or two injuries during the trials/nines will throw a few spanners in many peoples plans

mxlegend99

Referee
Attached is the entire team I have. I think there's a lot of cash cows available, so i'm backing my top 13 to grab great points, my bench to hold their own and waiting on the cash cows to increase in price to strengthen the top 17.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 23

mxlegend99

Referee
Oh and i'm also not sure of the bench yet. I think that any number of those guys could grab decent scores. Peats is sure to be the buy of the season though, going from a bench hooker to possibly an 80 minute starting hooker. Easily going to double in price, and probably be up around the $300k mark before too long.

George Rose is another I can see doing well in a new team under a new coach, and looking fit as ever could probably go up to the $200k+ level. Then there's guys like Baptiste, Keary, Cornish etc. who are likely to get game time and lots of it, and should be able to jump from the minimum wage by a fair margin.

The first 5 rounds don't count in the head to head do they?

Ausguy

Coach
IN regards to team selections, the only advice I will give to anyone who hasn't played before is make sure all 25 players are playing first grade, don't sacrifice any of your initial selections. Make sure they give you something back or its a wasted trade to ditch them later.

Its not hard to find 25 players all playing first grade in round 1. Its a long race don't go off early.

_Johnsy

Referee
Good advice AG

I have maybe a couple who won't be starting in 1st grade (107k) but I think you can afford to take a chance on a few players who are the cheapest @107k

So far with some "guestimations" & over 200k in kitty. TBH think if they are all fit, wil be a good starting point for early games, which are must win to establish some $$$$ via cash cows.

Last edited:

Latest posts