What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Fantasy Coach 2024

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I actually controlled myself from Tuesday to Thursday saying to myself "Don't do it. Hang in there. See how things unfold"

But I just couldn't control myself. Didn't take long did it?

Seems you know me all too well Nutz.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
nice, that was a close one though.

But I have Hass and Cleary now out injured. What is the normal play should I trade them out or sit on them until they are healthy?
That was insanely close. Right down to the wire. I think it took a recount for it not to be a draw.

I was watching on from Brisbane. Well done!

Perth Tiger

Bench
That was insanely close. Right down to the wire. I think it took a recount for it not to be a draw.

I was watching on from Brisbane. Well done!
Ha, yeah I was in front at the end of the games and thought I had it won, then it updated and I was behind, then again and it was a draw then ended up in front again :)

I am still stuck with Cleary and Haas as i didn't get around to swapping them so I hope the benchies can step up this week

Nutz

Bench
nice, that was a close one though.

But I have Hass and Cleary now out injured. What is the normal play should I trade them out or sit on them until they are healthy?
We should ask you mate
:)
Normally you would trade but spend big so you have money to bring them back if that makes sense.
If you trade The Chin, don't forget the Panthers have a bye soon so pointless bringing back just to burn a trade.
Or sit them in emergency pile and just make sure the rest are starters and play big minutes.
I'm still in damage control but I'm just starting to rectify the prob.
You can see why it's important to get some cash cows early that start off cheap then earn you money....you can then get rid of them and upgrade to better players later on who you know will come back into form.
We all should be aiming at 1000+ each round.

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Ha, yeah I was in front at the end of the games and thought I had it won, then it updated and I was behind, then again and it was a draw then ended up in front again :)

I am still stuck with Cleary and Haas as i didn't get around to swapping them so I hope the benchies can step up this week
Looking like another close one for you this week.

Good luck !

Nutz

Bench
Some close battles this week with the Panthers getting the chocolates, well done lads.
Overall ladder we have a new leader with two Tigers on top...well done Ned!
20240402_145900.jpgPicsart_24-04-02_15-05-31-774.jpg

Perth Tiger

Bench
dam I came up about 10 points short. But as long as the Tigers are on top it is all good.

What is the deal with the emergency players? do they replace players in the starting side that don't play?

Ned Kelly

Juniors
dam I came up about 10 points short. But as long as the Tigers are on top it is all good.

What is the deal with the emergency players? do they replace players in the starting side that don't play?
As far as I know it has to be a player in the same position.

I think we are in for a close one this weekend.

Nutz

Bench

Yes mate, they replace in order, so if your hooker gets injured in warm up the first hooker on the emergency list takes his place.
I'm pretty sure that's how it goes.
You dont really need emergency players but you stand to lose some points if they are needed if that makes sense.
Later in the season, I forget which rds, only your starting side score points and not reserves or emergency players so its good practice to make sure all your starting side are playing every week and you have available subs ready to step up when required. I think its during SOO rds when most of your starting side are unavailable.
I don't know if I'm explaining myself properly.... I'd make a great politician:)
It's all in the rules guys.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Yes mate, they replace in order, so if your hooker gets injured in warm up the first hooker on the emergency list takes his place.
I'm pretty sure that's how it goes.
You dont really need emergency players but you stand to lose some points if they are needed if that makes sense.
Later in the season, I forget which rds, only your starting side score points and not reserves or emergency players so its good practice to make sure all your starting side are playing every week and you have available subs ready to step up when required. I think its during SOO rds when most of your starting side are unavailable.
I don't know if I'm explaining myself properly.... I'd make a great politician:)
It's all in the rules guys.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Are we up this week Ned?

Dam I have to make some trades, lost another couple of players this week and none are coming back
If your team are whats my team again it is indeed game on. Game of the round I reckon when two Rugby League giants like us come face to face.

The Lads will be playing at least one player short of the full squad.

My plan has been to not make too many trades. This will be the first week I am making only one trade instead of two so plans go out the window pretty quickly.

Anyway. good luck and let's hope neither of our teams suffer injuries or suspensions.

Perth Tiger

Bench
If your team are whats my team again it is indeed game on. Game of the round I reckon when two Rugby League giants like us come face to face.

The Lads will be playing at least one player short of the full squad.

My plan has been to not make too many trades. This will be the first week I am making only one trade instead of two so plans go out the window pretty quickly.

Anyway. good luck and let's hope neither of our teams suffer injuries or suspensions.
yeah that is me. Managed to make a couple of trades to get a full squad, assuming they all actually play

Ned Kelly

Juniors
yeah that is me. Managed to make a couple of trades to get a full squad, assuming they all actually play
I am playing with three players out. I think you have got this one.
Bugger. I've panic bought again. I have swapped 2 players every round so far. I have to ease up soon. Maybe next week.

Perth Tiger

Bench
yeah good start for me with Papi not scoring much for you. But I have a lot of money sitting injured in reserves so although I have a full team most of them are cheapies that I need to perform. Every game has been close for me so I expect this one to be as well