What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nrl halves my ass

gustarny

Juniors
I have had a gut full our halves are not NRL standard and why on earth was fil taken off he was having his best game of the year.

strider

Post Whore
this game was a screaming example of what a decent kicking game could do for us to help stop an opposition team when they start to roll us

we NEED a decent f**king half!!!

give Cronk 2 boats ffs!

Noise

Coach
There is probably only 1 person on this planet who thinks our 7 is an nrl standard half. Unfortunately that moron is our coach

Djay

Juniors
It's far beyond a joke now, It's staring DA right in the face.

When Hayne is not guiding our attack we have absolutely nothing and look so so lost.

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
Sorry mate, but when I read the title 'NRL Halves My Ass', I thought you were accusing the rugby league governing body of stealing half of your bum.

My mistake. Carry on...

boxhead

First Grade
He was solid in the first half, and even the Ch. 9 commentators were applauding him and Robson for controlling the game more. Did you notice he also had a direct hand in our two tries?
I agree though, the halves need to change; new halfback, Mortimer to five-eighth or something....whatever. It needs to change.

MaxZ/3iaGGiZ

Juniors
FFS put Mateo 5/8th and Robson halfback.

Everyone thinks I worship Mateo but its not the case. The Chosen One is my player. But Mateo is the man who can lead our team. The Playmaker, the X-Factor, the Game Breaker.

Its beyond me why this has not happened.

Fathead

Bench
Do I need to comment any further... Unfortunately poor Ando will continue to play Morts at 7 - until the bitter end.
Do not expect any change in the team - especially in the halves.

forward pass

Coach
The titans showed how important a good kicking game is. Their kicking tonight was absolutely outstanding. That was the difference tonight. We do not have kicking game at all. When was the last tome we grubbered into the ingoal area? Or got a repeat set? It really is appalling that our kicking game is that bad.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
bombing at luke burt worked a treat. seems like every team has caught on. a player of prince's calibre lapped it up.

luke burt = liability atm

Parra Steve

Juniors
Tbh the halves apart from defense don't offer a whole lot, most if the time they give it to hayne to do something special, they need to stop on relying on hayne too often and come up with something themselves.

Gigolo

Juniors
Everytime Mortimer kicks I vomit a little in my mouth.

A few years ago the Bulldogs started fining players that were sin binned during games.

You guys should fine Mortimer every time he kicks the ball!

Fair dinkum, why is it that guys who can't kick the ball are always the most kick happy??

You should also ban him from the media until he stops embarrassing himself on the field. The kid carries on like he's made it when in actual fact he's a colossal failure.

Noise

Coach
bombing at luke burt worked a treat. seems like every team has caught on. a player of prince's calibre lapped it up.

luke burt = liability atm

im surprised he hasnt copped ne flack from last night (until now). He is absolutely diabolical at the moment. He doesnt even look interested...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Like I said to my good mate Fruity at the game last night, its not Mort's fault.

He should be in TYC playing with his mates, he gives his best week in week out.

Its not his fault we have a poor retention record.

gustarny

Juniors
He was solid in the first half, and even the Ch. 9 commentators were applauding him and Robson for controlling the game more. Did you notice he also had a direct hand in our two tries?
I agree though, the halves need to change; new halfback, Mortimer to five-eighth or something....whatever. It needs to change.
Yes exactly another pass on the ground which hayne has to make some magic out of .He does this on a regular basis.

Bigfella

Coach
Like I said to my good mate Fruity at the game last night, its not Mort's fault.

He should be in TYC playing with his mates, he gives his best week in week out.

Its not his fault we have a poor retention record.
Its not so much retention that's a problem. It's paying our fourth best prop and least effective forward the type of coin you could buy a top class halfback. Or a frequently injured error prone lazy centre the same type of money.

How are you going to be able to get top class halves and hooker when a third of your salary cap goes on a couple of blokes like that?

Hayne and Mateo cop grief about being overpaid but they at least go out trying to win games for us every week. They both make mistakes but they go looking to create things.

I'd prune the highly paid nuffies first then chase smith and cronk.