What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Media Manager...

Southernsaint

Staff member
Do they even have one?? I've bought this morning's Daily Telecrap & on the back page where I thought I'd see a story about the run into the NRL finals, something about Sean Garlick's resignation or even a report on Andrew Johns' injury. Instead I see a puff piece on the AFL & a picture of two nuffties from Water rats or something holding up an Aussie Rules trophy...

The AFL kills the NRL with publicity stories like these. They're having their "big match" at Stadium Australia & are expecting a large crowd. I'm not surprised on the back of superior marketing & media management like this. I work in an office that is a mixture of AFL/ARU demographic & a smaller NRL following yet only a few AFL fans I know has plans to go to the AFL "Blockbuster" but this could change in the coming days. Half the battle is about perceptions. The AFL is positioning itself as a successful code here in Sydney, making all the right noises claiming that Sydney is an AFL town & the NRL is sitting idly by twiddling its thumbs.

Must do better, Gallop et al...

Cheers,
Ben S.

legend

Coach
I think John Brady is the NRL media manager and yes, they are extremely slack most of the time.

ozzie

Bench
even though it wasn't on the back page - which the NRL doesn't have any say over - there were 4 pages of RL to 2 of gayfootball - not too bad - Garlick's story is just another sorry saga for Souths who wouldn't want it splashed over the back page AGAIN!!

dimitri

First Grade
i agree

the nrl marketing / media department are crap

and theres more chance of sydney being a netball town than an aussie rules town, no matter how many stories they publish
:roll:

dimitri

First Grade
i dont think so

the afl would still be bombarding us with useless crap like tv shows such as talking footy and would still give away free tickets

and would still visit every school in NSW and try and get them to play afl

dimitri said:
i dont think so

the afl would still be bombarding us with useless crap like tv shows such as talking footy and would still give away free tickets

and would still visit every school in NSW and try and get them to play afl

Bloody cheek of them! Promoting their game. Focusing on juniors! What a bunch of idiots. :roll:

Perhaps they should sell exclusive media rights that don't force broadcasters to show/call games. Seems to work for us.....err......oh. :cry:

dimitri

First Grade
i wish the nrl would promote our game in sydney let alone melbourne

i wish they would go to schools in melbourne and do what the gay fl does here

i wish the nrl

would look at everything the AFL does because they never seem to do anything wrong

just a shame that gay fl is such a piss poor game to watch and even worse to play

~doggie~diva~

Juniors
I think the new nrl media manager is Polly McCardle.
She worked with the bulldogs last season and did such a good job there that the nrl hired her.

chub

Juniors
what role does Mario Fenech have with the NRL? I thought he was something to do with the media rubbish?

Mal Meninga

Bench
Well it's good to see the rain :p

The media has stuffed so much of this BS in our face. Sydney isn't and never will be an "AFL footy" city, so Wayne Jackson, channel 10, Eddy Mcguire, and anyone else who likes "AFL Footy :lol: " can take their uncoordinated pansys back to Victoria.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing the 2nd Origin in Melbourne....